Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Monday, August 21, 2006 7:53:59 AM(UTC)

mdailor  
mdailor

Groups: Registered

Hi,

I am trying to capture the audio content of a streaming video conference into a file on a hard drive. Is there an example in the SDK of how to capture to disc the audio that is being streamed over the internet out of a ltmmCapture object and into a ltmmPlay object? Or can you point me to the appropriate API's, please? Thanks.

Mike

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Thursday, August 24, 2006 1:19:22 AM(UTC)
Maen Hasan

Groups: Registered, Tech Support

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

Mike,

You can use an ltmmConvert control at the receiving (client) side and set its source as follows:
ConvertControl.SourceFile = "ltsf://...."
Which is the address of the sending stream.
You can then save by setting the convert target to a local file on your hard disk.

Thanks,
Maen Badwan
LEADTOOLS Technical Support

#3 Posted : Wednesday, August 30, 2006 9:06:31 AM(UTC)

mdailor  
mdailor

Thanks Maen, that worked great for saving the audio at the client side. Now how do I go about saving the audio that I am streaming out of the server side? I tried the same technique (i.e., the LtmmCapture control's TargetFile is set to "ltsf://..." and then the LtmmConvert control's SourceFile is set to that same value, but I get the error message "The operation could not be performed because the filter is in the wrong state.". Thanks in advance...

Mike

#4 Posted : Saturday, September 2, 2006 11:20:16 PM(UTC)
Maen Hasan

Hello,

Do you mean that you are trying to capture and convert on the same machine (on the server)?

Please let me know how it goes.

Thanks,
Maen Badwan

#5 Posted : Tuesday, September 5, 2006 8:05:33 AM(UTC)

mdailor  
mdailor

Hi Maen,

Yes, I have a videoconferencing application that is both a server and a client. The application is using a capture control to capture audio/video and stream it out  while simultaneously using a player control to play an incoming stream. What I need to do is record the entire audio portion of the conversation, and my plan is to capture the outgoing audio and the incoming audio to two separate files, then mix them into one final file. But, I cannot figure out how to record the outgoing audio (i.e., the audio being streamed out by the capture object). Thanks for your help.

Mike

#6 Posted : Wednesday, September 6, 2006 4:01:46 AM(UTC)
Maen Hasan

Hello,

Recording the outgoing audio can be done indirectly as follows:
1. Use a second control such as capture control, or maybe even the same convert control you use to save the remote data if you want to save to the same file (half-duplex communication). Call this control1.
2. In the capture control used for capturing the audio data being sent out (call is control2), insert a LEAD Audio Callback filter. Also insert another LEAD Audio Callback filter into the control of step 1 above.
3. In the callback functions of both filters, copy the data from Control2 to Control1.

I didn't try this, but please try it and let me know how it goes.

Thanks,
Maen Badwan