Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Tuesday, July 4, 2006 7:11:24 AM(UTC)

mdailor  
mdailor

Groups: Registered

Hi, I am trying (without success, so far) to get the sample videoconferencing client and server to connect when the applications are behind a firewall. My end goal is to use the SDK to build an instant-messenger-type videoconferencing application, and typically the users will be using a home network of some sort (wireless router, etc.) with a DHCP server and NAT and both ends of the conversation will be behind firewalls. I've tried configuring port forwarding for TCP port 27015 on my router, but it doesn't seem to be working. For example, let's say my server computer's LAN IP is 10.10.10.10, and the router's WAN IP is 24.97.93.36. So I configure my router to forward requests for port 27015 to 10.10.10.10, and then run the server application on the 10.10.10.10 computer. If I then run the client application on another computer (let's say it's 10.10.10.11) and attempt to connect to 24.97.93.36, I get a timeout. Am I doing this wrong? Thanks.

-Mike

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Thursday, July 6, 2006 5:18:09 AM(UTC)

Otis  

Groups: Guests

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

Make sure that your port forwarding protocol is set to TCP. Also, ensure that you forward ports on both the client and server if they are behind routers. Lastly, make sure the Windows Firewall is either disabled or set to allow the application as an exception.