Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Monday, June 12, 2006 5:03:20 AM(UTC)
oekametall

Groups: Registered

I would like to creat a database with MS Access. The database should be on a server where severel computer should have access to it. The images are linked with leadtools (tool: Main Control 14.0, Microsoft Access 2003).

The problem is that the ActiveX applications must be installed on C: on every computer to recognise them and to see the images.

Is it possible to include the neccessery ActiveX plug ins (like ltocx14.ocx) or program an application in Visual Basic that can automatically download it from the server to C: ?

The code wich I use for integrating an images in Access:

Private Sub Form_Current()
Pfad$ = "M:\images\"
BildQuelle$ = Pfad$ & Me.Bild
        existbild = Dir(BildQuelle$)
        If (existbild <> "" Or existbild <> Null) And Not IsNull(Me.Bild) Then
            Forms![FormularBildAnzeige]!lead1.Visible = True
            Forms![FormularBildAnzeige]!lead1.Load BildQuelle$, 0, 0, 1
        Else
            Forms![FormularBildAnzeige]!lead1.Visible = False
        'MsgBox ("Error")
        End If

End Sub

Thank you for your help!

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Tuesday, June 13, 2006 10:58:25 AM(UTC)

Amin  
Amin

Groups: Manager, Tech Support

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

There are different ways to install an application and the LEADTOOLS components used by that application. For example, there are dedicated products for that if you want to create a professional installer, such as InstallShield or Wise Installer.
Whatever method you choose, you need to determine the needed LEAD files to be copied, and you also need to register any COM/ActiveX objects on the target machine. The list of needed files depends on the features used by the application. Even for your simple code that uses LEAD in only 3 lines, the list is not fixed, because the Load method can handle different types of image files, which require different file format DLLs.
For details, refer to the help topic "Files To Be Included with Your Application", which contains information about LEADTOOLS features and which distribution files are needed for them.

Amin Dodin

Senior Support Engineer
LEAD Technologies, Inc.
LEAD Logo