Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Wednesday, September 2, 2020 5:49:18 AM(UTC)

losh  
losh

Groups: Registered

I'm trying to use the Leadtools.Annotations.Xamarin nuget package in a Xamarin.Forms application, but as soon as I add the reference I get this build error "Type universe cannot resolve assembly".

When installing the Nuget to the project I'm asked to agree to a list of other licence agreements, these are projects that I would then expect to see in the references section in solution explorer but they don't appear, all I see is a LeadTools reference with path (...\bin\Debug\netstandard2.0\LeadTools.dll) and a Leadtools.Annotations.Xamarin package reference.

I spoke to Christopher briefly yesterday, he asked me to clear the Nuget cache, this took a while and the chat was closed due to idle time. After the packages were reloaded I found the same error, today I've created a fresh project and the first thing I did was reference Leadtools.Annotations.Xamarin package and build, only to see the same error again. At first I had the iOS and Android projects unloaded, but loading the Android project and adding the same reference I get this error: "Can not resolve reference: `Leadtools.Controls.Xamarin`, referenced by `Leadtools.Annotations.Xamarin`. Please add a NuGet package or assembly reference for `Leadtools.Controls.Xamarin`, or remove the reference to `Leadtools.Annotations.Xamarin`.". The main issue here being there is no Leadtools.Controls.Xamarin package in Nuget.org.

Is there a way to fix this? Or is this package just broken until a v21 is released?

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Wednesday, September 2, 2020 6:00:04 AM(UTC)

losh  
losh

Is there a set of DLLs available that work with netstandard 2.0 and Xamarin.Forms 4.7 and above? This would remove the need to fix the annotations nuget package.

#3 Posted : Wednesday, September 2, 2020 9:35:03 AM(UTC)
Marcus Andra

Groups: Registered, Manager, Tech Support, Administrators

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 9 post(s)

Hello,

Thanks for reaching out to us about this issue. As of v21, if you are wanting to work with annotations in a Xamarin application, you will need to alternatively include the Leadtools.Annotations.NETStandard NuGet package. The previous Leadtools.Annotations.Xamarin NuGet package is listed as deprecated and should no longer be used when developing a new v21 Xamarin application. You can find this NuGet package by adding it through the NuGet package manager in Visual Studio, or by using the below link:

https://www.nuget.org/pa...Annotations.NETStandard/

Thanks,
Marcus Andra
Developer Support Engineer
LEAD Technologies, Inc.
LEAD Logo
thanks 1 user thanked Marcus Andra for this useful post.
losh on 9/2/2020(UTC)

#4 Posted : Wednesday, September 2, 2020 9:56:21 AM(UTC)

losh  
losh

Thanks Marcus, that package builds.