Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Tuesday, June 2, 2020 9:35:05 PM(UTC)
Abdul Rahman

Groups: Registered

Dear Matt,

I have Created a .Net Framework Console App with Nuget Package to test Annotation Conversion. That worked. So Now I need this conversion logic in a ASP.NET (.NET Framework not .NET Core) Web API project to make conversion my calling my Web API. So I created a .Net Framework Class Library with Annotation Conversion Logic (same like what I did for .Net Framework Console App). Now If I refer this in my ASP.NET WEB API Project. I keep getting the error "Could not load file or assembly 'Leadtools.Codecs' or one of its dependencies. An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format." when I launch my ASP.NET WEB API project. However the same logic works only in .NET Framework Console App. Please assist on this. Am I missing anything? Is this possible?

Thanks,
Abdul Rahman

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Wednesday, June 3, 2020 8:53:35 AM(UTC)
Matthew Bresson

Groups: Registered, Tech Support, Administrators

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)

Hello Abdul,

This error typically means that either a file or dependency is missing, or when there is an architectural mismatch with the project targeting the incorrect DLLs. The first thing to check is that the Leadtools.Codecs.dll that you are trying to load in your ASP.NET application actually exists in the correct location. If it indeed does exist, then the next step is to ensure that you have the Microsoft Visual C++ 2017 Redistributable Package for both x86 and x64 installed on the machine. LEADTOOLS API requires these DLLs in order to run properly.
https://www.leadtools.co...th-your-application.html

If all of the above are correct and there are no issues, then the issue may be with your IIS Express not enabling 64 bit applications.

In Visual Studio, you need to go into Tools -> Options and then under Projects and Solutions > Web Projects and ensure that 'Use the 64 bit version of IIS Express for web sites and projects' is checked.

Going over these steps and ensuring that you are not mixing architectures should resolve the error. If it does not please let me know.

Thanks
Matt Bresson
Developer Support Engineer
LEAD Technologies, Inc.
LEADTOOLS

#3 Posted : Monday, June 8, 2020 6:45:33 AM(UTC)
Abdul Rahman

Groups: Registered

Thanks Matt. That works.