Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Tuesday, March 7, 2006 6:06:12 AM(UTC)

wmiller  
wmiller

Groups: Registered

On NT 4.0, we are unable to register LTRAN14N.DLL due to GDI32 incompatibility.

The first error is mfc42.dll, then msimg32.dll and finally gdi32.dll with a GradientFill address missing.

The latest version gdi32.dll is 4.0... distributed with SP 6a. Installing a 5.0 version causes system instability.

Is there a way to use the new Annotation features on NT 4.0?

Thanks,
Bill Miller

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Thursday, March 9, 2006 12:45:58 AM(UTC)
Maen Hasan

Groups: Registered, Tech Support

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

Hello,

What is the build version (file version) of the LTRAN14N.DLL?

Thanks,
Maen Badwan

#3 Posted : Monday, March 13, 2006 6:25:04 AM(UTC)

wmiller  
wmiller

The file version is 14.5.0.006

All version 14.0 releases work ok on Windows NT. Is there a way to upgrade NT 4.0 to use this DLL?

Thank you,
Bill

#4 Posted : Monday, March 13, 2006 11:59:05 PM(UTC)
Maen Hasan

Hello Bill,

Do you mean that LEADTOOLS v14 DLLs work correctly (registered) with no problems?
If you try to register the LTRAN14N.DLL v14 on the same operating system (NT 4.0), do you get any problem?

I need to know the above information to narrow down the problem possibilities.

Thanks,
Maen Badwan
LEADTOOLS Technical Support

#5 Posted : Tuesday, March 14, 2006 8:00:29 AM(UTC)

wmiller  
wmiller

Version 14.0 is able to self register on NT 4.0, although i do not believe it was referenced in our project before.

When I copy v14.5 files over, this is the only dll that cannot self register with the native NT 4.0 GDI interfaces.

Thanks,
Bill M.

Note: I registered a new version of mfc42.dll on NT 4.0 in order for registration of certain DLL's to continue.

#6 Posted : Friday, May 26, 2006 12:06:11 AM(UTC)
laziosiriccardo

Hello,

I have the same problem with Win98. My application works fine once it is installed in Win XP, but once installed under Win 98 as soon as I try to instatiate a LeadRasterAnn Object I get VB runtime error 429: "ActiveX can't create object". After loosing a lot of time in trying to understand if some system dll were missing or to be upgraded, I found the LTRAN14N.dll (ver. 14.5.0.010) couldn't be registred. On the contrary the version 14.0.0.1 of the same dll can be succesfully registered  also in Win 98.

I'm disappointed, because LEAD assured complete backword compatibility for 14.5 tools with application based on the previous revision 14 (including supported operative systems, and so Win 98).

I've also tried, as test, to install (and then upgrade with 14.5 patch) the complete developement toolkit and demo examples on a Win 98 system. Then I launched LEAD VB annotation demo program getting exactly the same result (error 429). This is causing me great troubles with my Win98 based customers!

Please find a solution as soon as possible.

Thank you,

Riccardo Laziosi (Italy)

#7 Posted : Tuesday, May 30, 2006 7:36:27 AM(UTC)

Amin  
Amin

Groups: Manager, Tech Support

Riccardo,
Thank for contacting our support email address. I will post here the result of our email discussion for the benefit of other users.
As you found out, the current version of LTRAN14N.dll needs the file MSVCP50.DLL, which doesn't exist on all Windows 98 machines.
The old LEADTOOLS setups did not include this file because the old versions of LTRAN14N.dll did not use it, but our new setups contain it.
If owners of LEADTOOLS 14.5 need the new setup but don't have download instructions, they should send their product serial number to support@LEADTOOLS.com

Amin Dodin

Senior Support Engineer
LEAD Technologies, Inc.
LEAD Logo

#8 Posted : Tuesday, July 25, 2006 12:49:04 PM(UTC)

wmiller  
wmiller

All Dll's have been updated to 14.5.0.10 and we are still unable to display the new Annotations Toolbar on Windows NT 4.0!

Updating msimg32.dll to the XP version requires a gdi32.dll update as well, which is, so far, incompatible with NT 4.0.

Is there an update to NT 4.0 to allow the latest LTRAN14N.dll to register?

Thanks,
Bill Miller

#9 Posted : Monday, July 31, 2006 12:37:25 PM(UTC)

Travis  
Travis

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)

Hello all!  I was able to reproduce this issue on a clean NT 4.0
machine with SP6.  I have submitted this to our engineers and will
post again once I hear back from them.  Here is the reference number to this issue 4826IDT.

Travis Montgomery
Senior Sales Engineer
LEAD Logo

#10 Posted : Tuesday, September 5, 2006 4:22:36 AM(UTC)

Travis  
Travis

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)

This issue has been resolved and the fix can be found in build 14.5.0.19.  Please check our support site (www.support.leadtools.com | SDK Patches) to obtain the updated DLL.

If you have not downloaded patches before here is what to do.  Go to LEADTOOLS.COM | SUPPORT | PATCHES.  Login, go to MY PROFILE | ADD PRODUCT REGISTRATION.  Enter your serial#. You should see the SDK patches tab, if not you may need to log out and back in.  Download the patch that matches your tool kit:

BASE PATCH:
Raster Imaging
Multimedia Imaging

PRO PATCH:
Raster Imaging Pro
Multimedia Imaging Pro
Vector Imaging Pro

DOC/MED PATCH:
Document Imaging
Document Imaging Suite
Medical Imaging
Medical Imaging Suite

Each patch is cummulative. You do not have to download more than one.  Updates for all plugins and addons are included in the patch. Once the ZIP file is downloaded, unzip it into your LEADTOOLS Directory.  Copy all the DLLs and OCXs from LEADTOOLS\redist directory into your system.  If you are using our COM interface copy all the DLLs and OCXs from the LEADTOOLS\redist\COM folder and from LEADTOOLS\redist\COM\Filters folder.  If you are using the .NET interface your DLLs were updated when you unzipped the zip file.

Travis Montgomery
Senior Sales Engineer
LEAD Logo