Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Tuesday, March 19, 2019 4:43:33 AM(UTC)
Shalini G M

Groups: Registered

We are using Lead Main ActiveX Control version 16 in Web (.aspx).
On clicking of Rotate - we are calling g_oImage.FastRotate(90) , where g_oImage is the reference to ActiveX control for image viewing images.
On Clicking of rotate - throwing error like "LEAD Error: Document Express Capability is required to use this Method/Property".

Could you please help how can we resolve this.

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Thursday, March 21, 2019 9:55:49 AM(UTC)
Anthony Northrup

Groups: Registered, Tech Support, Administrators

Was thanked: 28 time(s) in 28 post(s)

Hello Shalini,

Apologies for not getting back to you sooner. As you can see from the exception, you require Document capability in order to use the FastRotate method:
https://www.leadtools.com/help/leadtools/v16/main/ocx/ocx_ref2/fastrotatemethod.htm

Internally this is due to the ViewPerspective it applies to the image. The other ViewPerspectives are not supported without this capability. If you wish to rotate an image without Document support, I believe you can simply use the Rotate method:
https://www.leadtools.com/help/leadtools/v16/main/ocx/ocx_ref4/rotatemethod.htm

90 degree increments should still be quite fast with this method, however it also supports non-90 angles (in hundredth-of-a-degree increments). To avoid any resampling (as it is not necessary for a 90 degree rotation), you can pass 0 for the flags parameter.

If you're still running into any issues, please reach out again.

Thanks,
Anthony Northrup
Developer Support Engineer
LEAD Technologies, Inc.

LEAD Logo

#3 Posted : Friday, March 22, 2019 1:52:22 AM(UTC)
Shalini G M

Hi Anthony,

Thanks for the reply.
FastRotate method works inhouse. But throws error at only one client site.
At client site, all functionalities works . Its starts throwing error when same user tries in some other machine .
How do we get this Document capability ? Is it issue regarding License ? please help.

#4 Posted : Friday, March 22, 2019 8:12:05 AM(UTC)
Anthony Northrup

Hello Shalini,

If you didn't purchase a license containing the Document capability, this explains why it's not working at the client site. If you have purchased this, please ensure you are unlocking the SDK properly on the machine:
https://www.leadtools.com/help/leadtools/v16/main/ocx/ocx_ref5/unlocksupportmethod.htm

For the older versions of our SDK (such as 16) when testing on a development machine all functionality was unlocked by default with our Nag kernel. This would allow you to fully evaluate without the need for purchasing. However, when deploying, you'll grab the NoNag (or Release) kernel, which defaults to everything locked. This NoNag kernel will allow you to unlock the specific features you've purchased, and will not show a nag message when running. Please try using this NoNag kernel on your development machine to see if it makes a difference.

If you're still having issues, could you send a sample project to support@leadtools.com so I can look into this further? When emailing, if you could include a link back to this post that would be helpful.

Thanks,
Anthony Northrup
LEAD Technologies, Inc.

LEAD Logo

#5 Posted : Friday, March 22, 2019 8:36:14 AM(UTC)
Shalini G M

Hi Anthony,

Thanks for your quick response.
At client site , all functionalities are working fine from one windows logon user. It starts throwing error concurrently when same windows logon user tries from other machine.
if it is licensing issue it should have thrown error for first time as well.

is it related concurrent user license issue ?

Also Could you please let me know how can I try using NoNag kernel on your development machine ?
Also if there is any link/documentation available. please add.

Thanks,
Shalini

#6 Posted : Wednesday, March 27, 2019 4:39:47 PM(UTC)
Anthony Northrup

Hello Shalini,

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you, I've been out the past few days. As for your issue, I'm not sure what the direct issue could be without further testing. If you're able to reproduce this in a smaller project I can use for debugging, please send it to support@leadtools.com.

For the no-nag kernel, additional information can be found here:
https://www.leadtools.com/help/leadtools/v16/main/ocx/dllaux/leadtools_nag_message.htm

Thanks,
Anthony Northrup
LEAD Technologies, Inc.

LEAD Logo

#7 Posted : Monday, April 1, 2019 12:42:10 PM(UTC)
Shalini G M

Hi Anthony,

I investigated further regarding license and found that. We are keeping proper unlock keys for document express capability in .lpk file and refererring the same in .aspx in following way.

<object classid="clsid:<<clsid>>" align="baseline" border="0"
width="1" height="1" id="Object1" viewastext>
<param name="LPKPath" value="leadtools16.lpk" />
</object>

Still do we need to call unlocksupport method before calling fastrotate ?

Thanks,
Shalini

#8 Posted : Monday, April 1, 2019 3:23:08 PM(UTC)
Anthony Northrup

Hello Shalini,

Unfortunately I don't have much experience with our older COM SDK, but I would recommend manually calling UnlockSupport immediately before attempting to use the functionality that is throwing the exception. Additionally, if you could manually call IsSupportLocked (link below) to double check if the document support is unlocked before attempting the method.
https://www.leadtools.com/help/leadtools/v16/main/ocx/ocx_ref3/issupportlockedmethod.htm

Thanks,
Anthony Northrup
LEAD Technologies, Inc.

LEAD Logo