Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Wednesday, September 5, 2018 1:15:32 PM(UTC)

andyr  
andyr

Groups: Registered

I have a scenario where a low res image is enlarged and an annotation added to it. When displaying, the Image is pixelated and the annotation is sharp.
If I call L_AnnRealize() then print the resulting image, the whole thing is pixelated. Can someone explain this to me?

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Wednesday, September 5, 2018 1:37:37 PM(UTC)
Anthony Northrup

Groups: Registered, Tech Support, Administrators

Was thanked: 28 time(s) in 28 post(s)

Hello Andrew,

When viewing an image with annotations, the SDK will render the image and annotations separately at independent resolutions. If you wish to keep the clarity of the annotations when burning, you must first increase the resolution/size of the image to match how it appeared in the viewer. You'll want to first resize with L_ResizeBitmap, passing either the SIZE_RESAMPLE or the SIZE_BICUBIC flag. Our annotations will use a DPI of 720 by default, though as they are rendered in real-time when viewing, the size required to preserve the clarity may vary depending on your zoom level in the viewer.

As an example, you can view a single pixel image (1x1) with annotations on top of it. However, when you wish to burn the annotation onto the image, there is only a single pixel to work with, so it can't save with the same level of detail as when viewing.

Thanks,
Anthony Northrup
Developer Support Engineer
LEAD Technologies, Inc.

LEAD Logo