Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Thursday, August 23, 2018 1:10:59 AM(UTC)
adamts13

Groups: Registered

We have an in-house document system which was developed using Leadtools 14.5 for .net in windows forms.

We would like to look at the possibility of splicing in a more modern / accurate ocr engine that is available with Leadtools 20. We are only looking to update the OCR aspects of the system to minimize development.

I have created a separate project which contains routines that should produce ocr results for a given document but I am struggling to overcome the conflict between different versions of the same leadtools.dll that exist in the same solution. Specifically I get an error like:

Could not load file or assembly 'Leadtools, Version=20.0.4.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=9cf889f53ea9b907' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference[/i]
javascript:__doPostBack('forum$ctl03$PostReply','')

Does anyone have experience configuring a solution to use different versions of the same leadtools.dll in a .net solution?

Thanks in advance

Adam

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Thursday, August 23, 2018 3:14:37 PM(UTC)
Josh Clark

Groups: Registered, Tech Support, Administrators

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 10 post(s)

You could try splitting your solution into two different projects that interact with each other, one in v14.5 and the other in v20. However, it is widely unrecommended to mix versions of an assembly in the same solution. You should instead create a new application referencing only the version 20 DLLs.
Josh Clark
Developer Support Engineer
LEAD Technologies, Inc.

LEAD Logo