Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Wednesday, March 28, 2018 11:35:45 AM(UTC)
sekinanboku

Groups: Registered

I am finding the documentation confusing.

I have an existing WPF application which displays and processes images in a RasterImageViewer control.

I simply want to add a rectangular annotation at a predetermined position, but cannot for the life of me work out how to do this

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Friday, March 30, 2018 11:55:04 AM(UTC)

Walter  
Walter

Groups: Tech Support

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)

Attached is a small sample WPF project using LEADTOOLS 19 Annotations. The demo illustrates how you can use the LEADTOOLS RasterImageViewer with automated annotations; however, the user does not have any ability to draw annotations. The demo adds an annotation to the container automatically at a pre-defined position after an image is loaded. The code for creating the AnnTextObject was taken directly from the documentation.

I have left in the code where I removed the interactive mode for annotations to be drawn as well as creating the toolbar to illustrate how those could be added. However, those do not have to be enabled in order to use automated annotations. The automation handles user mouse events and painting of annotations automatically so all developers using the annotation features don't have to implement the same thing. That doesn't have to be used though to display annotations.

If you cannot have the automation in your application, can you explain in greater detail what the issue is and why using automation is a problem? From my experience, almost all applications can be implemented using the automated annotations. It's only a very few that actually need to override the mouse events and painting where using automated annotations can't be used.
File Attachment(s):
WpfAnnTest.zip (11kb) downloaded 284 time(s).
Walter Bates
Senior Support Engineer
LEAD Technologies, Inc.
LEAD Logo