Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Monday, August 7, 2017 10:23:53 AM(UTC)
AUsr2017

Groups: Registered

Using PlayCtrl I'm able to specify a source file for rtsp streams, however when I try to connect to a udp/mpgv stream I receive this error:
Quote:
LTMF Error: The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect.

Is it possible that I'm missing something or does your player not support this?

Examples:
Working -
playCtrl1.SourceFile = rtsp://192.168.116.160/stream1
Error -
playCtrl1.SourceFile = udp/mpgv://@192.168.116.160:3000

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Wednesday, August 9, 2017 8:15:35 AM(UTC)

Walter  
Walter

Groups: Tech Support

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)

Hello,

I think the problem is this part of the URL you specified:
udp/mpgv://@192.168.116.160:3000

The UDP source filter can handle UDP, RTP and TCP streams as well. There are some examples of valid URLs as part of our UDP Source URL Syntax.

Have you tried the following?
udp://192.168.116.160:3000
Walter Bates
Senior Support Engineer
LEAD Technologies, Inc.
LEAD Logo

#3 Posted : Wednesday, August 9, 2017 8:39:38 AM(UTC)
AUsr2017

Hello Walter,

I tried as you suggested and I receive the following error - LTMF Error: The scheme of the given URL is unsupported.

#4 Posted : Wednesday, August 9, 2017 10:38:11 AM(UTC)

Walter  
Walter

Hello,

Sorry, I missed that this was a Media Foundation error. I just noticed the unusual protocol you had specified.

It doesn't appear we've ported our UDP source filter to Media Foundation at this time. The MPEG-2 Transport Media Source is there, but it seems not over UDP.

This is supported with our DirectShow-based player. Do you specifically need playback using Media Foundation?
Walter Bates
Senior Support Engineer
LEAD Technologies, Inc.
LEAD Logo

#5 Posted : Wednesday, August 9, 2017 11:17:28 AM(UTC)
AUsr2017

Hi Walter,

I'm trying decode the video stream and display it on a c# form, the methods involved don't matter to me, I'm just trying to find out if your software is capable of doing it.

#6 Posted : Wednesday, August 9, 2017 11:37:29 AM(UTC)

Walter  
Walter

Hello,

Please try tone of the player demos here, either MPEG-2 Transport or the Multimedia Player demo should work:
C:\LEADTOOLS Multimedia 19\Shortcuts\Multimedia\Playback\DirectShow\Dotnet Class Library
*Parts in red may be omitted if both the still imaging SDK and multimedia SDK are installed and integrated together.

Or just look for the CSPlayerDemo_Original.exe in the Bin\DotNet directory.

Assuming the IP address and port are correct then, I expect this URL should work with our Leadtools.Multimedia.PlayCtrl:
udp://192.168.116.160:3000
Walter Bates
Senior Support Engineer
LEAD Technologies, Inc.
LEAD Logo

#7 Posted : Wednesday, August 9, 2017 12:15:34 PM(UTC)
AUsr2017

Thanks Walter,

I've tried both player demos and haven't had any luck. Some of our clients have hundreds of older iMPath 4100 encoders and the only way we've been able to view them is using VLC and the udp/mpgv string provided above(VLC won't pick up the streams using any other method).

I appreciate the help in the matter and I'll keep you guys in mind in the future, for now I'll have to explore other options.

#8 Posted : Wednesday, August 9, 2017 1:36:50 PM(UTC)

Walter  
Walter

The reason I pointed out the protocol is because I believe DirectShow filters have to specify the specific protocols they support. In order for our UDP Source filter to be queried to see if it will work, one of the three protocols we indicate we support has to be used. Since the protocol you noted is a bit of an oddball, my concern was that DirectShow would not even query our source filter to see if it would work.

Is it possible these devices may be sending a raw (without headers) H.264 stream? If that's happening, some additional information might need to be provided in the URL for LEADTOOLS to be able to properly decode the stream. Some examples of that are in the URL source documentation I noted previously.

Also, would it be possible for you to send us a short wireshark capture of the stream when LEADTOOLS attempts to connect to the stream and of the stream playing in VLC. We might be able to get more information about what is happening here from the network capture and thus help with that. Both captures would only need to be a few seconds long so we can see the initial communication.
Walter Bates
Senior Support Engineer
LEAD Technologies, Inc.
LEAD Logo