Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Sunday, January 15, 2017 7:45:30 PM(UTC)
rnatarajan

Groups: Registered

I use the following code to read barcode (QR) and I am getting zero result for the attached PDF/PNGs. I tried passing in additional parameters such as symbology, readeroptions but still the results are empty for this image. However, I could see the same image getting parsed/working in Leadtools demo site. http://demo.leadtools.co...cript/Barcode/index.html

Could you please review and let me know what I am missing? I would really appreciate your response!

File Attachment(s):
barcodeimage.zip (284kb) downloaded 163 time(s).

Code:
// Load the image
                using (RasterCodecs codecs = new RasterCodecs())
                {
                    using (RasterImage image = codecs.Load(resourceDirectory + @"\FaxInput\barcodeimage.png", 0, CodecsLoadByteOrder.BgrOrGray, 1, 1))
                    {
                        QRBarcodeReadOptions qrReadOptions = reader.GetDefaultOptions(BarcodeSymbology.QR).Clone() as QRBarcodeReadOptions;

BarcodeReadOptions[] readOptions = { qrReadOptions };
                        // Read all the barcodes in this image
                        BarcodeData data = engine.Reader.ReadBarcode(image, LogicalRectangle.Empty, BarcodeSymbology.Unknown);

//BarcodeData[] barcodes = reader.ReadBarcodes(image, LogicalRectangle.Empty, 0, null, null);
                        //barcodes = reader.ReadBarcodes(image, LogicalRectangle.Empty, 0, null, options);

if (data != null)
                        {
                            codeText = data.Value;
                        }
                    }
                }

Edited by moderator Monday, January 16, 2017 10:31:51 AM(UTC)  | Reason: formatted text

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Tuesday, January 17, 2017 11:45:01 AM(UTC)

Roberto  
Roberto

Groups: Registered, Tech Support, Administrators

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)

rnatarajan,

Looking at the code you shared here I noticed a couple of things missing. I don't see where you instantiate the BarcodeEngine. I realize this code could be in a different part of your code but I'll mention it just to make sure. You may also want to load the files at a higher DPI and set options for QR codes such as EnableDoublePass. I took the code you shared here and added a few options to it, the following successfully processes the images you attached. I will note that barcodeimage.PNG seems like a very low resolution screenshot of the PDF file barcode.

Code:
Code:
static void barcodeExample()
      {
         using (RasterCodecs codecs = new RasterCodecs())
         {
            //load the document at an ideal DPI
            codecs.Options.RasterizeDocument.Load.XResolution = 300;
            codecs.Options.RasterizeDocument.Load.YResolution = 300;

//get information from the file on disk, such as total pages
            CodecsImageInfo info = codecs.GetInformation(@"..\..\..\testFile.pdf", true);
            int totalPages = info.TotalPages;

//loop through each page and process any barcodes using the specified options
            for(int i = 1; i <= totalPages; i++)
            {
               //load image
               using (RasterImage image = codecs.Load(@"..\..\..\testFile.pdf", 0, CodecsLoadByteOrder.BgrOrGray, i, i))
               {
                  //create an instance of the barcode engine
                  BarcodeEngine engine = new BarcodeEngine();
                  //add read options for the sybologies you will recognize
                  QRBarcodeReadOptions qrReadOptions = new QRBarcodeReadOptions();
                  qrReadOptions.EnableDoublePass = true;
                  //barcode symbologies to detect
                  BarcodeSymbology[] symbologies = new BarcodeSymbology[] { BarcodeSymbology.QR, BarcodeSymbology.Datamatrix };
                  BarcodeReadOptions[] readOptions = { qrReadOptions };
                  // Read all the barcodes in this image
                  BarcodeData[] DetectedBarcodecs = engine.Reader.ReadBarcodes(image, LogicalRectangle.Empty, 0, symbologies, readOptions);
                  Console.WriteLine("Page: " + i + "\n" + DetectedBarcodecs.Length + " barcodes found");
                  //loop through detected barcode array and print out any barcode information needed
                  foreach (BarcodeData data in DetectedBarcodecs)
                  {
                     if (data == null)
                     {
                        Console.WriteLine("No Barcodes found");
                     }
                     else
                     {
                        Console.WriteLine("Barcode Sybmology: " + data.Symbology + "\nBounds: " + data.Bounds + "\n");
                     }
                  }
               }
            }
         }
      }

Edited by user Thursday, January 19, 2017 9:38:44 AM(UTC)  | Reason: spelling fixed

Roberto Rodriguez
Developer Support Engineer
LEAD Technologies, Inc.

LEAD Logo