Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Saturday, November 23, 2013 10:36:50 PM(UTC)

Taher  
Taher

Groups: Registered

i using V.18 in vb.net and when i install the application on client pc the system appear err massage below

System.BadImageFormatException: Could not load file or assembly 'Leadtools.Forms.Ocr, Version=18.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=9cf889f53ea9b907' or one of its dependencies. An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format.
File name: 'Leadtools.Forms.Ocr, Version=18.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=9cf889f53ea9b907

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Saturday, November 23, 2013 10:42:21 PM(UTC)

Taher  
Taher

Groups: Registered

sorry i using .net 4

#3 Posted : Sunday, November 24, 2013 10:17:06 PM(UTC)

Ibrahim  

Groups: Guests

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

Taher,
The problem is most likely related to missing DLL/s. Make sure you are deploying all the needed files in your application. For a list of the needed files to be included in your project, refer to the following online help topic:
Files To Be Included With Your Application

Also, please make sure to install the C/C++ runtime files to the deployment machine, since our assemblies require VC++ 2010 Redistributable runtime files
You can download them using this link:
Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86)

Since you use .NET framework 4, you should use the DLLs located in one of the below folders:
If your application is built as x86 CPU, you should use the DLLs inside this folder:
[LEADTOOLS 18 Folder]\Bin\Dotnet4\Win32

If your application is built as x64 CPU, you should use the DLLs inside this folder:
[LEADTOOLS 18 Folder]\Bin\Dotnet4\x64

Note that you should not build your application as Any CPU. If you built your application as 64-bit, you can only deploy your application into 64-bit machines. If you built your application as 32-bit, you can deploy your application into both 32-bit and 64-bit machines.

If that didn't work, you can check which DLLs are actually used at runtime, and add them to the deployment machine. To do that, run the project on the development machine where everything is installed, then check the process using the Process Explorer. The Process Explorer utility is used to verify that all our LEADTOOLS DLL files were loaded from the correct folder and not from any other location.

If you don't have Process Explorer, This is a free program that is available from Microsoft:
Process Explorer v15.40

If the problem persists, send me a small sample project (not your full application) that shows the problem in a ZIP or RAR. Also, let me know what is the operating system (Windows version) of the deployment machine? And is it 32-bit or 64-bit?

Note: You can post the attachments here or send it to support@leadtools.com and mention this forum post. If you want to attach a file on the forums, do not use the Preview feature.

#4 Posted : Friday, October 14, 2016 10:50:12 AM(UTC)
BonzoFestoon

Groups: Administrators

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

In case someone is searching for BadImageFormatException and comes across this post, I recently posted an article on our blog about the BadImageFormatException that explains what to look for when trying to solve this problem.

https://www.leadtools.com/blog/general/badimageformatexception-and-leadtools/
Gabriel Smith
LEAD Technologies, Inc.

LEAD Logo