Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Monday, February 8, 2016 9:42:48 AM(UTC)
jpro1001

Groups: Registered

Anyone know how I would go about reading MICR fields while auto detecting forms? Does the Auto Forms Engine work with Micr Types?

I can't seem to get it to format the result as Mirc. I changed the Master Form demo's xml field data type to this:

OcrTextType.Micr e.g.

However, the fields value keeps reading as bunch of extra numbers. I assume because of the Micr symbols . It seems like TextFormField should support Micr. Do I have to do any post processing on the field? ExtractMircData() method seems to need the page object, but I don't have the page object when using auto forms. I just have the AutoFormsRecognizeFormResult object. Would I need to break up the form recognition and then process the page separately so I can use the ExtractMircData() method?
Does Mirc only work with OcrZoneType.Micr?

Just looking for some guidance so I don't spend too much time on this.

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Wednesday, February 10, 2016 8:13:00 AM(UTC)
Maen Hasan

Groups: Registered, Tech Support

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

Hello,

I want to investigate more about this issue. So please send this issue in a new email to support@leadtools.com and include the answers of the following questions in your email:
1. Which version of LEADTOOLS (17.5, 18, 19, etc.) are you using (if you are still evaluating, just mention that).
2. Mention this forum post in your email to support.

Thanks,
Maen Badwan
LEADTOOLS Technical Support

#3 Posted : Thursday, February 11, 2016 12:49:08 AM(UTC)
Maen Hasan

Groups: Registered, Tech Support

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

Hello,

If you main requirement is to read bank check images, please check our C# Bank Check Reader demo that is shipped with the SDK. You can find the source code of the demo here:
[LEADTOOLS 19]\Examples\DotNet\CS\BankCheckReaderDemo
Also, you can find the Exe here:
[LEADTOOLS 19]\Bin\Dotnet4\Win32\CSBankCheckReaderDemo_Original.exe

This demo uses our BankCheckReader class to recognize MICR at the bottom of check images. You can find more details here:
https://www.leadtools.com/help/leadtools/v19/dh/fco/leadtools.forms.commands~leadtools.forms.commands.bankcheckreader.html

If you are looking for a low-level approach to accomplish this, please let me know so that I can suggest an alternative way to do this.

Thanks,
Maen Badwan
LEADTOOLS Technical Support