Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Tuesday, January 31, 2006 8:15:08 AM(UTC)
salexander

Groups: Registered

When I save an image from the IRasterViewer it creates a .tmp file on my local machine. The disk eventually fills up. How can I either prevent the .tmp file or delete it when OCR is done with it?

Thanks

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Thursday, February 2, 2006 6:17:01 AM(UTC)

Ali  

Groups: Guests

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

Can you isolate the exact steps that trigger the problem? Are you using one of our demos? Or you are using your own code?
Please give me more detials.

Thanks,
Ali Abo Al-Rob
LEADTOOLS Technical Support

#3 Posted : Tuesday, February 21, 2006 5:48:53 AM(UTC)
salexander

Ali,

The application is my own. Not only does it create temp files on save, but whenever I add a page to an OCR object. Here's my code

OCRObject.Startup()    

// load the image stream in here

OCRObject.AddPage(LeadImage,0);

When the OCRObject starts a temp folder is created in my Documents and Settings folder. I then load the image stream with a .jpg file, then I add the page to the OCR Object. This is when it creates a .tmp file of my image.

This is fairly basic stuff and I can't beleive someone hasn;t already asked this question or it's something that is easily worked around. As it stands now I have to manually clear our users temp folder every few days.

Thanks,
Scott

#4 Posted : Wednesday, February 22, 2006 7:03:54 AM(UTC)

Ali  

Groups: Guests

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

I tried the steps in our OCR Main Demo and the problem not active. Did you try our demo?
Please check what's your  xocr.dll version?

Thanks,
Ali Abo Al-Rob
LEADTOOLS Technical Support

#5 Posted : Tuesday, January 23, 2007 11:49:37 PM(UTC)

Squark  
Squark

Is there a solution
for this problem? I have the same. In addition, sometimes I get an exception which says that the system cannot find a specified .tmp file.

Thx for help!

#6 Posted : Wednesday, January 24, 2007 10:48:08 AM(UTC)

GregR  
GregR

Groups: Registered, Tech Support, Administrators

What version of the toolkit are you using?

Second, please find the file xocr.dll (either in your Windows\system32 directory for versions 14.5 and older or your [LEADTOOLS]\Bin\Common\OCR\ directory for 15) and let me know what the file version is.

#7 Posted : Thursday, January 25, 2007 12:36:06 AM(UTC)

Squark  
Squark

I'am using LEADTOOLS Document Imaging EVAL 14.5

Version of the xocr.dll is 12.6.2005.5041

#8 Posted : Thursday, January 25, 2007 5:22:45 AM(UTC)

GregR  
GregR

Ok, that's not the newest OCR engine.  Please download the OCR Runtime installer for version 15 (the installer also works for 14.5) from http://leadtools.com/eva...spx?category=.NET&o=

xocr.dll should now be 12.7.  If it is not, run the installer again, sometimes you need to run it twice.  If it is still not installed properly, go to your Redist\OCR\ directory and copy/paste the files from there into your System32.

#9 Posted : Tuesday, November 11, 2008 9:29:02 AM(UTC)
DougJPel

I see the same problem and it occurs with the RasterDocumentEngine.AddPage() call.  Every call to this method generates a temp folder (tmpXXX) and a copy of the image page with a temporary filename (tmpXXX.tmp).  After the OCR process is complete (finding zones and performing recognition) a call is made to the RemovePage() method for each page.  I would expect the temp folders/files to be removed at that step, but it is not happening.

Are temporary folders/files necessary or can they be avoided?  If the stuff is required what is the recommended method for removing them?

Using LeadTools 15.0 with XOCR.DLL 12.7.2006.10.41.

Thanks.

Doug

#10 Posted : Tuesday, November 11, 2008 11:02:36 AM(UTC)

GregR  
GregR

The temporary files are necessary and cannot be avoided.  This is the way that the OCR engine is designed.

Different temp files will get created and removed at different times, so not everything will disappear at RemovePage().  However, once the OCR engine has been shut down and the application has ended, the files should go away.