Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Sunday, July 28, 2013 10:35:57 AM(UTC)

ayilmaz  
ayilmaz

Groups: Registered

Hi,

I could not understand the Merge Field option from the help documentation. How does the deinterlacing process differ for the situations; when the Merge fields checkbox is checked and not checked? Why or when should I check that checkbox?
Could you give some information about deinterlacing algorithm?

Regards,

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Tuesday, July 30, 2013 8:30:25 PM(UTC)

Ibrahim  

Groups: Guests

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

As indicated in the documentation, the Merge Fields option indicates whether to use merge even and odd fields into a single frame or not. In other words, if you want to merge even and odd lines, you should set it to true. Otherwise, you should set it to false.

About the Deinterlacing algorithm, I'm afraid we in support don't have access to the toolkit source code, so I can't know for sure how the Deinterlacing algorithm is implemented.

If you have a problem or concern over how the filter is working with a particular video, you can send the video to support@leadtools.com. We can look into any issues with given files if the output does not appear to be correct.

#3 Posted : Wednesday, July 31, 2013 11:56:52 AM(UTC)

ayilmaz  
ayilmaz

Groups: Registered

I mean what does it do when the merge option is not selected? I thought it always merges the even and odd fields into single frame. Otherwise how can a video be converted from interlaced fields (say 50 fields-per-second) into progressive frames (say 25 frames-per-second)?

#4 Posted : Thursday, August 1, 2013 1:36:22 AM(UTC)

Ibrahim  

Groups: Guests

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

It can actually separate the even and odd fields (half frames) into different frames instead of merging them.

Please play with the different filter options, such as merge fields and double frame rate, and if any option is not behaving as expected, send us full details about how you tested in an email to support@leadtools.com