Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Wednesday, February 20, 2013 2:22:40 AM(UTC)

rad1  
rad1

Groups: Registered

Hello,

I'm getting this error when trying to save changes on a Tiff file: Not able to open file (see attachement).

Thanks for help.

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Wednesday, February 20, 2013 2:24:29 AM(UTC)

rad1  
rad1

see attached file
rad1 attached the following image(s):
Not able to open file.jpg

#3 Posted : Friday, February 22, 2013 11:49:49 AM(UTC)

RobertB  

Groups: Guests

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

Hello rad1,

Are you sure that the file path returned by SelectedDocument is valid, not
locked by another resource, and you have the permission to write to that path?
Do you get the same exception if you pass a string to a known path? For

example "C:\\test.tiff".

#4 Posted : Sunday, June 2, 2013 9:36:17 AM(UTC)

rad1  
rad1

Hi Robert,

Thanks for reply, I resolved this problem by changing the access rights of the technical account that run the application. But I have an other problem, why the size of image grow when I do some treatments like converting image to black and white one?

Thanks for your help.
Ragards.

#5 Posted : Sunday, June 2, 2013 11:58:58 PM(UTC)

Ibrahim  

Hello,
The size of the image depends mainly on the compression of the saved image. Could you please send me a sample image and the processes you want to do on the image?

I need this to find the best compression you can use to save the target image.

Note: You can post the attachments here or send it to support@leadtools.com and mention this forum post. If you want to attach a file on the forums, do not use the Preview feature.

#6 Posted : Sunday, August 18, 2013 12:24:15 PM(UTC)

rad1  
rad1

Hi Ibrahim,

You can reproduce this issue with any image. Just run a simple command (like rotation command), and then save modifications using ImageList.SaveTiff methode.

I'm using this because in my application I have to manage tiff documents that contain more that one page, and user can for example rotate just the first page of the selected document.

This is my code :

MyImageList.SaveTiff(fileStream, TiffCompressOption.Ccitt4, false);

Using that, you can see that each time I apply the rotate command, the size increases dramatically.

Thanks for your help.
Regards

#7 Posted : Monday, August 19, 2013 5:45:50 AM(UTC)

Ibrahim  

Hello,
It seems that the problem is with the definition of the fileStream you are using. I checked this issue, and it only appears when setting the FileAccess parameter to FileMode.OpenOrCreate. If you change this parameter to FileMode.Create, the problem will not appear.

What happens in your case is that each time you save the TIFF file using FileMode.OpenOrCreate, if the file exists, it will open it and write over the existing one. However, if you use FileMode.Create, even if the file exists, it will rewrite the file again.

If this is not the case, please send me a small sample project (NOT your full application) that shows the problem in a ZIP or RAR file.

Note: You can post the attachments here or send it to support@leadtools.com and mention this forum post. If you want to attach a file on the forums, do not use the Preview feature.

#8 Posted : Monday, August 19, 2013 9:59:55 PM(UTC)

rad1  
rad1

Hello Ibrahim,

Thanks for your quick replay. I think that it will solve this issue. I don't tested yet but I will do it and keep you informed. Thanks again.

Regards

#9 Posted : Saturday, August 31, 2013 6:17:54 AM(UTC)

rad1  
rad1

Hello,

It works well.
Thanks for your help.

Regards