Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Tuesday, May 21, 2013 4:19:42 PM(UTC)
duranin0201

Groups: Registered

First of all i am not good at english, i try to describe my problem as clearly as i can. I am trying to get OMR working within my application.

I know i must define a zone around each box to use the OMR,and the OMR zone can not be define automatically.
But is there any way to define the OMR zone around each box indirectly? Also i mean to do this as automatically as you can.

I have attached a sample picture with some of the checkboxes . You should know i can not draw a omr zone around each checkboxe by hand. So i must find a way to do this as automatically as i can

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Wednesday, May 22, 2013 5:53:25 AM(UTC)
Maen Hasan

Groups: Registered, Tech Support

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

It seems you forgot to attach the ZIP file. If you want to attach a file, make sure to put it in a ZIP or RAR file and do NOT use the Preview feature.
If the file is larger than 5MB, you can contact support@leadtools.com to ask for FTP upload instructions. Also, mention this forum post in your email to support.

In general, the only way to use our OMR functionality is to define a zone around each box. This part cannot be done automatically for all general cases.

However, you could make use of other objects in the image to find the boxes. For example, if all boxes are the same shape and size, you could use the Correlation function to search for all boxes and create zones around their location.

When you send the image, please specify if all your mark boxes will be similar to that image, or if different images have different shapes of check boxes.

Thanks,
Maen Badwan
LEADTOOLS Technical Support

#3 Posted : Wednesday, May 22, 2013 5:19:02 PM(UTC)
duranin0201

Groups: Registered

Thanks for the reply very much.
Actually ,the boxes in the image are almost the same shape and size.

Do you mean this i can use the Correlation function to search for all boxes through their location ?
But there is a problem that their location maybe have a little different in different images, because all the images are created by scanner.
Although the contents in the papers are same,but when they become to iamges, the location of the boxes must can not be same in pixel. I wish i have described my problem clearly.

Maybe you mean i can search for all boxes through using some Correlation functions only,and not depending on their locations?Actually, i need a solution like this. Is there a function to do this in the LeadTools? Also can i use some functions grouply to do this?
File Attachment(s):
checkbox.rar (189kb) downloaded 38 time(s).

#4 Posted : Thursday, May 23, 2013 1:52:18 AM(UTC)
Maen Hasan

Groups: Registered, Tech Support

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

I checked your image and I think the suitable solutions for you are our OMR and Forms recognition modules.
You just need to create the zones manually only for the original form (Not filled form) and then define it as a master form using our Forms recognition module. For more information about LEADTOOLS Forms Recognition and Processing SDK, please see the following page:
http://www.leadtools.com/sdk/forms/default.htm

Also, please check the C# Forms demo that ships with the SDK. You can find the demo in the following folder:
[LEADTOOLS 18]\Examples\DotNet\CS\FormsDemo

Thanks,
Maen Badwan
LEADTOOLS Technical Support