Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Sunday, May 19, 2013 11:47:26 PM(UTC)

shimaa  
shimaa

Groups: Registered

When converting PDF file to an existing tiff file the output converted file has incorrect format in page number in tiff tag it always be (Page number 1 ) however it may be the second or third

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Monday, May 20, 2013 5:56:36 AM(UTC)

mohamed  
mohamed

Groups: Registered, Tech Support

Please provide me with the following:
1. Which LEADTOOLS version (17.0, 17.5, 18, etc.) you are using?
2. Which programming language are you using?
3. How exactly you convert the PDF file to TIFF image? Can you send me a code snippet?
4. Can you send me the source PDF file with the result TIFF file?
5. What are the exact steps to reproduce the problem?

Important note: If you want to attach a file, make sure to put it in a ZIP or RAR file and don't use the Preview feature. If the file is larger than 5MB, you can contact support@leadtools.com to ask for FTP upload instructions. Also, mention this forum post in your email to support.
Mohamed Abedallah
Developer Support Engineer
LEAD Technologies, Inc.

LEAD Logo

#3 Posted : Monday, May 20, 2013 6:27:45 AM(UTC)

shimaa  
shimaa

Groups: Registered

i am using Leadtools 18 with C# and here's the code:

Leadtools.Codecs.RasterCodecs _codecs = new Leadtools.Codecs.RasterCodecs();
Leadtools.RasterImage PDFImage = _codecs.Load(sourcePDF);
_codecs.Save(PDFImage, outputTiff, Leadtools.RasterImageFormat.Tif, 24, 1, PDFImage.PageCount, 1, Leadtools.Codecs.CodecsSavePageMode.Append );

The problem always happen when converting a PDF file to an existing Tiff file.

and i attached sample of PDF before converting and the tiff after converting

Thanks in advance,
File Attachment(s):
test.rar (124kb) downloaded 49 time(s).

#4 Posted : Tuesday, May 21, 2013 3:43:43 AM(UTC)

mohamed  
mohamed

Groups: Registered, Tech Support

Shimaa,

Normally, you don't need to read the PageNumber tag from the TIFF file because our toolkit handles page numbering automatically. This means if you use our RasterCodecs.GetInformation() method, it will correctly give you the number of valid pages in the TIFF file. Also, our delete, replace and append functions for TIFF pages should always produce correct results for the page numbers you specify.

However, if you must read the tag yourself, keep the following information in mind:
1) The value is a zero-based index so the first page will be zero, the second will be one and so on. This is different from some of our functions, which have a one-based index value.
2) The tag contains 2 values. The first is the page number and the second value is the total number of
pages in the TIFF file.
3) The TIFF standard does not require that the second parameter to always contain a valid value. It could contain zero, which means the total number of pages in the document is not available.

Mohamed Abedallah
Developer Support Engineer
LEAD Technologies, Inc.

LEAD Logo