Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Monday, April 22, 2013 8:44:45 PM(UTC)

anjali  
anjali

Groups: Registered

Hi, I am using LT 14.5.
I have the to display some text in non-english language such as Japanese, Chinese on LeadrasterView using RasterFxd DrawText method.
How to acheive the same?

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Tuesday, April 23, 2013 6:20:23 AM(UTC)

Daoud  
Daoud

Anjali,
There are 2 ways to do that:
1) If you're using a computer that has the non-English language installed in the Windows regional settings, you should be able to display such strings in that language using our controls directly.

2) If you want to use Unicode strings with our v14.5 controls, you will need the Unicode build of LEADRaster COM objects. This build has its own setup and is only available as part of LEADTOOLS Raster Imaging Pro or above toolkits. It was not included in the Raster Imaging product.
To obtain this build, send your toolkit serial number to support@leadtools.com (do NOT post it here) and ask for the setup.
Please note that using Unicode strings will only work with a programming language that supports Unicode.

#3 Posted : Tuesday, April 23, 2013 9:00:43 PM(UTC)

anjali  
anjali

Thanks for the reply.
If I go with option 1 is it required to set font name and charset properties to display the text in other language?
Or is any other setting is required?

#4 Posted : Wednesday, April 24, 2013 8:40:18 AM(UTC)

Daoud  
Daoud

Anjali,
I was able to display the text in non-English language by changing the following from Control panel -> Region and Language:
1) Added the Language key board from Keyboards and Languages -> General
2) Set the Language for non-Unicode programs as the language I wanted to use (Japanese for example) from Administrative -> Language for non-Unicode programs.

#5 Posted : Thursday, April 25, 2013 2:16:47 AM(UTC)

anjali  
anjali

File is uploaded to your ftp site as image.zip
Can you please help me in displaying the Patient name value from above DICOM Dataset on Leadrasterview control using RasterFxd?

#6 Posted : Thursday, April 25, 2013 5:13:08 AM(UTC)

Daoud  
Daoud

I think I found your file on our FTP.
Please answer the following questions:
1) What is the programming language you are using?
2) What Windows version (XP, Vista, 7, 8..etc) you are using?
3) What compiler version are you using?

#7 Posted : Thursday, April 25, 2013 9:53:01 PM(UTC)

anjali  
anjali

We are using LT 14.5 and VB 6.0 for windows application.
and LT 14.5 and javascript for web-based applications.
OS used winxp,win7 and 8.
I did not understand the 3rd question .

#8 Posted : Monday, April 29, 2013 5:27:52 AM(UTC)

Daoud  
Daoud

Anjali,
I was able to display text to the DICOM dataset that you sent by modifying our VB6 Special effects demo that is shipped with our toolkit.
I was able to write a Unicode string on the image. However, when I tried to write the characters in Japanese I was not able to. I then Installed LEADTOOLS v14.5 Unicode setup and using Unicode build of LEADRaster COM I was able to write the Japanese string.

This build has its own setup and is only available as part of LEADTOOLS Raster Imaging Pro or above toolkits. It was not included in the Raster Imaging product.
To obtain this build, send your toolkit serial number to support@leadtools.com (do NOT post it here) and ask for the setup.
Please note that using Unicode strings will only work with a programming language that supports Unicode.

#9 Posted : Friday, May 3, 2013 8:23:40 PM(UTC)

anjali  
anjali

Hi,
What modifications are required to vb6 special effects demo to display unicode string? I also need to display the Unicode string on the image.
Thanks in advance.

#10 Posted : Sunday, May 5, 2013 7:34:41 AM(UTC)

Daoud  
Daoud

DICOM Unicode support did not exist in the old v14.5 of LEADTOOLS and was only added in later versions of the toolkit.
To solve this part, you can mix both Unicode and non-Unicode COM objects in the project as follows:
Dim NonU_IO As New LEADRasterIO
Dim NonU_Ras As New LEADRaster
nRet = NonU_IO.Load(NonU_Ras, filename, 0, 0, 1) 'DDB
LEADRasterViewUnicode.Raster.Bitmap = NonU_Ras.Bitmap