Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Sunday, April 21, 2013 6:03:31 AM(UTC)

Pirie  
Pirie

Groups: Registered

Hi,
I have recently moved my license of ePrint 5 Professional from a computer running Windows XP to one running Windows 7 after installing new software from your download site.

Unfortunately, some file types cannot be read:
1. If I try to read a PDF file, eprint 5 gives the message "Error in LEADTOOLS eprint 5 Workstation printer" and the file is not read.
2. If I try to read a DOC, RTF or TXT file, eprint 5 gives the message "Preparing - Please wait. Press ESC to cancel" and the file is also not read.

Image format files like JPG and TIF can be read without problems.
Does anybody know a solution to these problems please?

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Monday, April 22, 2013 5:53:09 AM(UTC)
Maen Hasan

Groups: Registered, Tech Support

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

Loading non-image formats, such as Office documents and PDF files, is not natively supported by the Workstation application.
When you use the "Open" command with such files, the Workstation will try to invoke a "Print" command to get these documents as print jobs.

Instead of loading the document files (PDF, DOC, RTF, etc.) directly using the Leadtools ePrint 5 Workstation application, try to open each document using its native viewer (for example, open the PDF files using Adobe Reader) and then print the document to the Leadtools ePrint 5 Workstation printer.

The result document should appear in the Leadtools ePrint 5 Workstation application.

If the problem persists, you might need to completely remove ePrint from your machine using our ePrint uninstall utility. To obtain the utility, please send this issue to support@leadtools.com and mention this forum post in your email.

Thanks,
Maen Badwan
LEADTOOLS Technical Support

#3 Posted : Monday, April 22, 2013 8:29:27 AM(UTC)

Pirie  
Pirie

Groups: Registered

Maen,

You're a star.

As you suggested, I tried to print a Word document from Word onto the Eprint 5 printer and found that the printer didn't exist. Assuming that something went wrong with the installation, I uninstalled ePrint 5 and then reinstalled it from your web site.

When I then tried to print from Adobe Reader and Word, the printer could be found and the file conversion worked okay, as you said.

Incidentally, I can now also load doc, rtf and pdf files into ePrint 5 workstation without getting error messages.

So ePrint 5 is now back to normal.

Thanks once again for the hint that put me on the right road.

Pirie