Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Wednesday, February 6, 2013 4:54:45 AM(UTC)
chrisward

Groups: Registered

Hi guys! - We have a client that has some images that are of the "Old-style JPEG (in TIFF)" TIFF type. I know this is an ancient format - but does LEADTOOLS support this format? We currently reference a subset of Leadtools.Codecs*.dlls that are associated with TIF and JPEG, but we haven't been able to get the documents to render using leadtools. I have included a sample 2 Page color Tiff file.

Thanks for your assistance!

Chris

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Wednesday, February 6, 2013 9:13:48 PM(UTC)

Daoud  
Daoud

Chris,
Yes LEADTOOLS does support rendering old-style JPEG compression.
There are no attachments to this forum. Please do NOT use the "Preview" option when posting because it will cause the attachments to be lost.
Please re-upload the two files you are having problem with and put them inside ZIP or RAR file.

#3 Posted : Thursday, February 7, 2013 8:36:07 AM(UTC)
chrisward

Oh, sorry about that! Her is the 2 page color tiff! thank you again!
File Attachment(s):
2 page Color.zip (1,526kb) downloaded 79 time(s).

#4 Posted : Saturday, February 9, 2013 10:05:43 PM(UTC)

Daoud  
Daoud

Chris,
I have opened the TIFF file using our v17.5 Main .NET imaging demo and it opened correctly. (See attached).
Please answer the following questions:
1) Does it display at your end like the attached screenshot?
2) What version of LEADTOOLS are you using?
3) Are you using the latest LEADTOOLS setup?
4) Does the image open correctly with our demo but not with your application? If yes, please create a small sample project (NOT your full application) that shows the issue and put it inside ZIP or RAR file.

File Attachment(s):
Screenshot.zip (1,475kb) downloaded 49 time(s).

#5 Posted : Tuesday, February 12, 2013 8:17:46 AM(UTC)
chrisward

1) Yes, the image looks correct
2) We are currently using LEADTOOLS v 15.0
3) We probably aren't using the latest setup since we are still using an old version of Leadtools
4) I'll work on building a sample application and get back to you -

Thank you very much for your help!

Chris

#6 Posted : Tuesday, February 12, 2013 9:31:17 PM(UTC)

Daoud  
Daoud

Chris,
I have tested again using the latest LEADTOOLS v15 setup. I opened the image using our .NET main imaging demo and it opened correctly same as before. If the image does not open correctly using our demo, you can contact support@leadtools.com to request the latest setup and patches for LEADTOOLS v15. If you do, you should include the following:
1) Your LEADTOOLS toolkit serial number (do NOT post here)
2) A link to this forum post.

If the file opens correctly using our demo but not in your application, I'm waiting for your sample project but please note that it should be a small application (NOT your full application) and put it inside ZIP or RAR file.
Also, if you are going to upload any attachments, do not use the "Preview" option.

#7 Posted : Thursday, February 14, 2013 6:15:56 AM(UTC)
chrisward

I can go ahead and send a sample app, but I thought this might be helpful first. The error that I am seeing is an "Invalid File Format" RasterException when I load the tif. This occurs when I call the codecs.load(filepath). it does not matter if I load the file from a steam, or from the path directly. both result in the same exception. Additionally, this code works perfectly for other tif files that are in the more standard, current format.

The code I am using is included in the attachment, along with the stacktrace for the exception. I also have included all of the LeadTools.dlls I am referencing in the project. Could I be missing a dll reference? do you have any suggestions?
Thank you again

Chris
File Attachment(s):
leadtoolsdata.txt (1kb) downloaded 47 time(s).

#8 Posted : Thursday, February 14, 2013 9:07:00 AM(UTC)

Walter  
Walter

Groups: Tech Support

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)

Hello Chris,

In the DotNet libraries, Invalid File Format means one of three things:
1.) The file is actually invalid or there's a problem with the codec. If you can load the same file in one of our pre-compiled demos that ship with the toolkit, then this is not the case.
2.) You did not call RasterCodecs.StartUp() (Only required for versions previous to V17).
3.) You are not including as a reference or copying to your .exe's directory the necessary codecs dll for the file format. These dlls follow the naming convention of Leadtools.Codecs.???.dll (e.g. Leadtools.Codecs.Tif.dll). To learn which dlls are necessary for a particular file format, please read the help file article "Files to be Included With Your Application" and find the row for the file format in question.

Before you create a whole sample project for this issue, my suggestion would be to verify that this issue is not related to the DLLs you have included with your project. Perhaps you just need to include a DLL or two that the Main .NET Imaging demo has access to that your application does not.

I tried this with a simple load and display template demo I have. I didn't see the problem with it on my machine either. If you do, I'd suggest outputting this simple demo into the LEADTOOLS Bin directory, and see if the problem still exists there. If you find it doesn't, then you can use a utility like Microsoft's Process Explorer utility (free) to see what DLLs are getting loaded. You can cross reference what you are already including with what is getting loaded.

If you continue having this problem, please send us a sample project that duplicates what you're doing. You're welcome to use what I've already provided.
File Attachment(s):
VB.NET_Basic_Template.zip (1,556kb) downloaded 50 time(s).
Walter Bates
Senior Support Engineer
LEAD Technologies, Inc.
LEAD Logo

#9 Posted : Thursday, February 14, 2013 10:29:25 AM(UTC)
chrisward

Thank you for the sample project! I was able to test a bunch of tif files on my end and sort out what was going on. It looks like it was entirely on my end. The image I was troubleshooting with became corrupted, and that was causing the invalid file format error. I also identified another place in a seperate part of our application where we were trying to convert this oldstyle jpeg into a System.Drawing.Image , and that does not work.

Again, thank you so much for the assistance guys. You guys are great!

Chris