Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Wednesday, September 12, 2012 12:59:46 PM(UTC)

Aarsh  
Aarsh

Groups: Registered

I am using 16.5 version.

At the least, if I can have some info for doc like saving etc, I can at-least kick-start.
I am aware of the way I can manipulate the tiff and can save all / one / specified as individual tiff page(s) or PDF file(s).

But I need to figure out the way so that I can export to doc. [:^)]

Thank so much !

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Thursday, September 13, 2012 7:28:58 AM(UTC)

mohamed  
mohamed

Groups: Registered, Tech Support

About converting from TIFF, you have 2 options:
1) If you want the output DOC file to contain bitmap (raster) images, you can convert the TIFF to Windows Enhanced Meta Files (EMF) using our toolkit, then you can use our DocumentWriter object to create document files from EMF.

2) If you want create doc files with text form TIF images, you need to use our OCR module.
The OCR will recognize the text in the images and enables you to save the result in several formats, including DOC files.

If you need more details, please specify which option you want.

Mohamed Abedallah
Developer Support Engineer
LEAD Technologies, Inc.

LEAD Logo

#3 Posted : Thursday, September 13, 2012 11:08:08 AM(UTC)

Aarsh  
Aarsh

Hi,
Thanks for the response. I think item 1 suits my requirements. I also would like to have options for setting up the page size, and Left, Right, Top, Bottom margins.

Thanks,
-Aarsh

#4 Posted : Thursday, September 13, 2012 11:09:37 AM(UTC)

Aarsh  
Aarsh

P.S. I am using LeadTool 16.5 just for your considerations.

#5 Posted : Friday, September 14, 2012 12:22:08 PM(UTC)

JamesD  

Groups: Guests

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

Hello Aarsh,

Attached is the example application you requested. The application is designed to use the 16.5 libraries. It opens a multi-page Tif file (included in Debug folder) and converts it to an EMF handle. Our Document Writer components are then used to generate a Doc file from the EMF handle.

The application has options for specifying the physical size of the output document. The Document Writer's do not make available specific properties for setting the output dimensions. The Document Writers use the dimensions (width/height/resolution) of the source image to determine the physical size of the output document. To set the output size of the document, the application allows you to specify a value for the physical output dimensions, and then calculates the appropriate resolution value to use based on the image dimensions.

To add margins to the output document, the application creates a new RasterImage of the size of the source image plus the margin values. It then copies the input image to the new image, at the location specified for the Top and Left margins.

Please let me know if you have any questions about the application.

Relevant Documentation:

RasterImage.ChangeToEmf
http://www.leadtools.com/help/leadtools/v16/dh/l/leadtools~leadtools.rasterimage~changetoemf.html

Programming with the LEADTOOLS Document Writers
http://www.leadtools.com/help/leadtools/v16/dh/to/leadtools.topics~leadtools.topics.programmingwithdocumentwriters.html

Combine Fast Command
http://www.leadtools.com/help/leadtools/v16/dh/l/leadtools~leadtools.imageprocessing.combinefastcommand.html
File Attachment(s):
NET - v165 - Convert-Tif-To-Doc.zip (207kb) downloaded 115 time(s).