Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Friday, August 17, 2012 1:21:35 AM(UTC)
Cidolfus

Groups: Registered

I have downloaded and installed Leadtools Multimedia 17.5

I'd like to know how I can view the stream of my IP camera using the leadtools sample.

The camera that I have is this: http://www.udptechnology.../products/IP/IPE100.html

Which sample exe should I use to view the stream?

I tried launching the CSPlayer demo, and selected RSTP, entered the IP address(192.168.168.206), and RSTP(554) port. I left the Network Card textbox blank. - Couldn't get it to stream.

I also tried selected TCP, with IP address 192.168.168.206, and port 80/554, still can't work

I have attached the IP camera settings for further reference.

What is the network card text box for? And what should I key in?

Cidolfus attached the following image(s):
Untitled.png

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Monday, August 20, 2012 6:24:54 AM(UTC)

Walter  
Walter

Groups: Tech Support

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)

Hello,

If you're looking just to view the RTSP stream, the main player demo is the best demo for illustrating our playback. If you're looking to capture the stream to file, our main Convert demo would be the best for illustrating that. Since you're having issues just viewing the stream, it would be best to stick with the main player demo however.

It is possible to use the File menu -> "Open Stream" menu item for testing this out. It will help build the syntax for viewing the stream.

Personally, I prefer to use the File menu -> "Open TCP/IP URL" menu item. This allows you to directly set the URL you want to the Play control's SourceFile property. You can manually set the IP, Port, Network adapter, password, etc. with this.

Have you tried checking out the help file topic RTSP Source URL Syntax? This topic illustrates what the sytax is for our source filter, and gives several examples of URLs we've tried at the end. If you haven't checked this out yet, I would highly recommend looking it over.

It's possible that the syntax may not be correct for playing back the stream, and that's why it's not being decoded. I checked out the site that you've mentioned here, and it indicates that the incoming stream is either H.264, MPEG-4, or MJPEG. We have decoders for all three of these compressions, so that should not be a problem.

Have you tested the same URL with any third party viewers to verify it should work?

It seems that this stream is local to your network. Would it be possible to open it up on the internet so that we can try testing with it here also? If you would like to keep the URL private, you can email this separately to support@leadtools.com
Walter Bates
Senior Support Engineer
LEAD Technologies, Inc.
LEAD Logo