Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Monday, August 13, 2012 12:27:11 AM(UTC)
CUrquhart

Groups: Registered

We're using the capture control (v 17.5) to record from USB camera devices, sometimes we record from 2 cameras simultaneously. We have a requirement that if during recording a camera is disconnected we can inform the user, but I cannot find how to do this. The CaptureCtrl has events ErrorAbort, RestartApplication and MediaEvent but MediaEvent is only for DVD events and the other two events don't fire when I unplugged the camera.

Is there an event (or something else) in CaptureCtrl that can do this? If not I can only assume I'll need to have another thread which periodically checks that the video device is still in the CaptureCtrl.VideoDevices list?

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Monday, August 13, 2012 3:04:04 AM(UTC)
Maen Hasan

Groups: Registered, Tech Support

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

You can use the ltmmCapture.VideoDevices.Refresh Method to rebuild the collection of system-registered devices. And then you can check the ltmmCapture.VideoDevices[Camera Index] to see if it is still valid.

Thanks,
Maen Badwan
LEADTOOLS Technical Support