Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Wednesday, August 1, 2012 4:53:37 AM(UTC)
johnreichert

Groups: Registered

Which Lead files are to be included as references when developing an ASP.net Web Application in Visual Studio on a 64 bit machine?

When I add the Lead dlls in C:\Program Files (x86)\LEAD Technologies\LEADTOOLS 17\Bin\Dotnet\x64 as references to a Web Application project and attempt to run the project in debug mode, the project starts, but I receive an error in the browser window that opens:

Server Error in '/' Application.
Could not load file or assembly 'Leadtools, Version=17.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=9cf889f53ea9b907' or one of its dependencies. An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format.

Steps to reproduce this problem:
1. Create a new Web project in Visual Studio.
2. Open the project properties.
3. Select the References section.
4. Click the Add button to add a new reference.
5. Select  the Browse tab.
6. Browse to the file:
C:\Program Files (x86)\LEAD Technologies\LEADTOOLS 17\Bin\Dotnet\x64\Leadtools.dll
and add it to the project references.
7. Right click the project name in the Solution Explorer pane and select Debug > Start New Instance

I receive the error listed above. 

If I select the Leadtools.dll from the .NET section on Add References, or browse to the 32 bit Lead folder, I do not receive the error.

Lead Version: 17
Leadtools.dll version: 17.0.0.45
Visual Studio 2010
Windows 7 64 bit
.Net Framework 3.5

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Thursday, August 2, 2012 4:58:57 AM(UTC)

Ibrahim  

Groups: Guests

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

John,
While developing, use the 32-bit DLLs as Visual Studio itself is a 32-bit process, even on 64-bit Windows.
When you deploy your project to IIS use our 64-bit DLLs.

I tried your steps and the project worked with 64-bit DLLs when I deployed to IIS on Windows 7 64-bit.

Also, I noticed that you don't have the latest patches of LEADTOOLS v17.0. It's recommended to use the latest setup and patches. To obtain them, send an email from a valid address to support@leadtools.com and include the following information in your email:
1. Your toolkit serial number (do NOT post it here).
2. A link to this forum post.

#3 Posted : Friday, August 3, 2012 3:25:17 AM(UTC)
johnreichert

Groups: Registered

Thanks, and thanks for the information about the updates.