Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Wednesday, July 25, 2012 1:28:44 AM(UTC)
bnvelarde

Groups: Registered

Hi,

I want to use the Scan property of the leadtools Imaging Pro.

I've been looking in your sample files, which one will i use? what is the difference between Twain and Wia?

And inside the Twain folder, what is the difference between the Twain VB Projects and Twain High Level Scanning VB Projects? i look into both, but i can see any difference.

Thank a lot.

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Wednesday, July 25, 2012 3:38:04 AM(UTC)
Maen Hasan

Groups: Registered, Tech Support

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

Twain and WIA are 2 different standard for dealing with imaging devices. Some devices have drivers for both, but you should implement the standard that your own devices support.

About the Twain and Twain High Level Scanning VB Projects, the two demos appear to be similar, but there are some differences in the source code of the demos.

Thanks,
Maen Badwan
LEADTOOLS Technical Support

#3 Posted : Wednesday, July 25, 2012 6:27:23 PM(UTC)
bnvelarde

Groups: Registered

so, can I use both the Twain and WIA at the same time?

Im using the .net framework 3.5 of leadtools 17.5, which do you suggest to use?

The simple Twain or the Twain High Level Scanning?

Are all these present in the Imaging SDK?

#4 Posted : Thursday, July 26, 2012 1:02:03 AM(UTC)
Maen Hasan

Groups: Registered, Tech Support

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

Yes, you can implement Twain and WIA features in the same project. Please check our VB.Net Main demo that ships with the SDK. You can find the source code in the following folder:
C:\LEADTOOLS 17.5\Examples\DotNet\VB\MainDemo

About the Twain features, you don't need to copy everything from any of our demos. You must decide for yourself which features you need exactly, then do the implementation with help from our help topics and different demos.

If need any feature, such as the TwainSession.Acquire() method and the related TwainSession.AcquirePage event, you can find some of these features implemented in more than one demo, and it doesn't matter which demo you study to understand these features.

The basic Twain and WIA features are available in the LEADTOOLS Imaging Pro and above toolkits. For more information, please see the "LEADTOOLS Product Comparison Chart" on our website.

Thanks,
Maen Badwan
LEADTOOLS Technical Support