Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Thursday, May 10, 2012 10:46:35 PM(UTC)

Aniki  
Aniki

Groups: Registered

I am using the capture control in a VB6 project to capture a video file (.avi) compressed with a codec (e.g. Leadtools H.264).

The problem is that sometimes, the video file is not readable. The Windows media player opens with an error popup saying something like "A problem occured while WMP opened the file".

I am always using the same configuration (resolution, codec, FPS, etc...) but i can't figure out why sometimes is the video OK and sometimes not readable. Note that it is acting the same with all the codecs i tested.
This is only happening with my camera, not with the Leadtools screencapture video source.

I tried the capture exemple from Leadtools and did not have this bug.
Then i commented the line "LTMMCapture.ShowDialog ltmmCapture_Dlg_TargetFormat, hwnd" and then the problem started to occur too.

When i use GraphEdit and try to rebuild the same scenario, the problem occurs too but if i remove the Smart Tee filter (to duplicate the stream and have a preview stream) the problem does not occur anymore.

Is it a know bug ? Is there any solution ?

Thanks.

PS: I found a similar thread in this forum here:
http://support.leadtools.com/SupportPortal/CS/forums/2619/ShowPost.aspx
The difference in this thread is that the video has the same frame from the begining to the end.
For me the video is just unreadable

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Sunday, May 13, 2012 12:38:45 AM(UTC)

Ibrahim  

Groups: Guests

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

Aniki,
The problem might be occurring because your camera has an issue with one or more of the AVI options that appears in the Target Format dialog. To be sure of that, please recheck this issue again but produce an OGG file.
To save OGG, change the TargetFormat property before you start capturing.

If the problem doesn't appear with OGG, try to check different values for all the options that are shown in the Target Format dialog for AVI. If you find a certain combination of options that do not trigger the problem, we can try to set them programmatically without displaying the dialog.

#3 Posted : Monday, May 14, 2012 3:21:05 AM(UTC)

Aniki  
Aniki

Groups: Registered

Hi Ibrahim,

First, thanks for your reply.

I tested again with your suggestion and changed the TargetFormat to OGG but the problem is still occuring. There is however a very small change: when the video is not working, i don't get any error message from the Windows Media Player but just a black window. But i don't think it is relevant.

What do you think about the GraphEdit test?
Like i said, when i try a simple graph VideoSource->Encoder->File the problem doesn't occur. When i try the same with a SmartTee and add a video render, then the problem occurs.
Strange

#4 Posted : Monday, May 14, 2012 5:46:18 AM(UTC)

Ibrahim  

Groups: Guests

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

Aniki,
Since the problem does not appear with other video sources, and also happens without using the LEADTOOLS capture control, it is most likely a problem with the video capture source (camera driver).

This is also confirmed by the fact it happens with different codecs, which means the video compressor is not a factor.

Can you try to contact the video capture device vendors to ask them about the problem? Since the problem appears with GraphEdit, it should be easy for them to check it.