Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Monday, April 2, 2012 2:56:19 AM(UTC)

Amit  
Amit

Groups: Registered

Hi,
I am using LEAD Tools 14.5 with latest patches and Visual Basic 6.
Please do not confuse this post with my other post named "Dicom overlay in multiple colors". These two are different issues.

My application displays dicom overlay from pixel data or overlay tags properly with RED color.
I am facing a problem while displaying dicom overlay for some specific images with JPEG 2000 Lossy transfer syntax. Note that transfer syntax is NOT changed using lead tools.

The same JPEG 2000 Lossy image display proper dicom overlay in other image viewers. But in my application, it totally get messed up. Please refer the screen shots in attachment.

Please let me know how could I fix this.

Attachments: -
1) DicomImages folder contains original and converted (JPEG 2000 Lossy) dicom image.
2) ScreenShots folder contains two screen shots of my application. One is displaying correct dicom overlay with original dicom image. Other is displaying incorrect dicom overlay with JPEG 2000 Lossy image.
3) VB6Project folder contains VB6 source code for my sample application I used for these tests.
File Attachment(s):
LTDicomOverlay.zip (733kb) downloaded 125 time(s).

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Monday, April 2, 2012 5:22:55 AM(UTC)

Daoud  
Daoud

Amit,
There are 2 datasets attached with your post:
Original.dic: This file contains an overlay and it shows correctly using our VB6 COM Dicom Overlay demo.
 Jpeg2000Lossy.dic: This file does not contain an overlay, but it also displays correctly using our VB6 COM Dicom Overlay demo.

Is this the same result you're getting? If not, please check with our demos and explain how you want it to be different.

#3 Posted : Monday, April 2, 2012 5:48:55 AM(UTC)

Amit  
Amit

Hi,
No, I am not getting same result in my application.
My sample source code is already attached in first post.
You can also refer the screen shots attached in first post to see what output I am getting.
Also note that I referred same VB6 COM Dicom Overlay Demo application to develop my sample project.

Output from Original.dic is correct.
Output from Jpeg2000Lossy.dic is not correct. The overlay is completely messed up.

Please suggest changes needed in my sample if any.

#4 Posted : Tuesday, April 3, 2012 4:21:37 AM(UTC)

Daoud  
Daoud

Amit,
The Original.dic is using bit 12 of the image data as overlay bit. That means overlay is
embedded in the image data. Using lossy compression is not a good idea when overlay is
embedded in the image.

However, I used the V17.5 C++ change transfer demo to convert your original image
to j2K with lossy compression (just like the one provided) and I could see the overlay
fine (see attachment). Also, I noticed that the range of the image data is within -2048 to
2047 and overlay bit is outside of the range.

The dataset you provided (Jpeg2000Lossy.dic) image shows the burned in overlay even
when overlay is not displayed. The range of the image data is within -4096 to 4095 and
overlay bit is inside the image data range.

File Attachment(s):
Original_to_JPEG2000.rar (135kb) downloaded 118 time(s).

#5 Posted : Tuesday, April 3, 2012 5:46:53 AM(UTC)

Amit  
Amit

Hi,
Even the image you sent me back as attachment is not displaying properly in my demo.
Attached herewith is the screen shot.

Same image displays fine in other dicom viewers.

There must be something wrong I am doing in my code.
But this code is working for lot many other images.
Can you help me pick out exact mistake I am doing?

#6 Posted : Tuesday, April 3, 2012 5:48:39 AM(UTC)

Amit  
Amit

Attachment was not saved in last post.
Here it is.
Amit attached the following image(s):
Jpeg2000Lossy_Incorrect.jpg

#7 Posted : Wednesday, April 4, 2012 7:58:22 AM(UTC)

Daoud  
Daoud

Amit,
I tested the image I sent you with our v14.5 COM Overlay VB6 demo and it worked correctly.
Attached you will find a screenshot to the dataset I sent you displayed correctly using our demo.

I'm afraid we're a little busy at the moment, so I wasn't able to dig into your code long enough to find what's missing. Please open the source code of our demo and try to find the differences between it and your own code.

#8 Posted : Wednesday, April 4, 2012 7:59:37 AM(UTC)

Daoud  
Daoud

Amit,
Here is the attachment.

File Attachment(s):
Overlay_VB.rar (101kb) downloaded 120 time(s).

#9 Posted : Sunday, May 6, 2012 11:45:39 PM(UTC)

Amit  
Amit

Hi,
This works in lead tools samples because LT samples uses LEADRasterProcess object for processing the overlays.
I modified my sample to use LEADRasterProcess object instead of dataset.
It seems working fine now.