Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Tuesday, November 29, 2011 3:47:06 PM(UTC)

zkhan  
zkhan

Groups: Registered

Our project is LeadTools 17.5, Win 7, x64,
.NET 3.5. We use a DicomDataSet to convert our raw
images to DICOM (compressed or uncompressed). We would like to be able to check for available space on the
target drive before going ahead with such a conversion. Other than saving the file to a temporary location and
then measuring it's size - is there a way for us to estimate/predict the resultant file size in advance, based on the number of frames, frame size, output format, etc.?

I have the same question for the LeadTools Multimedia formats (AVI, MPEG, etc), which I will post to the appropriate forum.

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Wednesday, November 30, 2011 10:24:05 AM(UTC)

Travis  
Travis

Groups: Registered, Tech Support

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)

Unless the compression allows for you to specify a compression ratio or target size (JPEG 2000 allows both) there really is no other way to know what the final output size will be. This is because the amount of compression depends on the colors found in the image.

The same goes for Multimedia compressions. 
Travis Montgomery
Senior Sales Engineer
LEAD Logo

#3 Posted : Wednesday, November 30, 2011 2:34:16 PM(UTC)

zkhan  
zkhan

Groups: Registered

Thanks, Travis. I didn't think there was an easy answer to this, but just wanted to be sure.