Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Tuesday, January 10, 2006 3:46:39 AM(UTC)

deant  
deant

Groups: Registered

I am currently using Kofax to do all our scanning. These applications are have been written in VB6. We have purchased leadtools 14.5. I would now like to development a .net dual sided scan application using leadtools. I have found your fast twain demo and have it up and running. I am wondering if using the ISIS drivers for this type of production would be better. I was also wondering if there were any examples of ISIS scanning so it would be easier to get started

Thank You

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Tuesday, January 10, 2006 6:06:33 AM(UTC)
S. Britton

We have used the .NET twain tools with no problems interfacing in with Kofax VRS to handle the cleanup during scanning...

Some say that ISIS is faster & "better" but I am not really conviced of that.
Unless you are working with SUPER high end scanners then I don't think you will see a difference.

#3 Posted : Friday, January 13, 2006 9:40:29 AM(UTC)

Travis  
Travis

Groups: Registered, Tech Support

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)

Pixtran changed their licensing scheme such that LEAD Technologies, Inc. no longer supports later releases of ISIS drivers.  We continue shipping our ISIS component to maintain backward compatibility but will not be adding any additional features to this component.

My advice would be to continue development with our TWAIN component.

Travis Montgomery
Senior Sales Engineer
LEAD Logo

#4 Posted : Tuesday, November 7, 2006 6:23:18 PM(UTC)

caveman  
caveman

Hi Travis:

I think ISIS is better than TWAIN for mass scanning, my work is a courier, and we scanning a lot of image daily, we are thinking in use LEAD Tools for make a scanning program for this volume for work.

But, I have a question, what's better?, TWAIN ( I think this is for simple scanning) or ISIS (I think this is for mass sanning), please take clear my question.

Thanks ;)

#5 Posted : Wednesday, November 8, 2006 4:23:06 AM(UTC)

Travis  
Travis

Groups: Registered, Tech Support

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)

In order to accommodate those who used ISIS we developed a technology called Fast Twain.  This technology would basically query the Twain driver to find the fastest configuration.  When acquiring images it would use multiple threads to assure speed was not comprimised.  In our tests, we found mixed results.  In some cases we were faster than the ISIS driver, in other cases the ISIS driver was faster than LEAD.  But in all cases the differences in speed were minute. 
For those customers who made the switch from ISIS to Twain with LEAD, they didn't even use the Fast Twain Technology because the basic Twain Support was fast enough for their purposes. 
But I would encourage you to perform tests yourself before expressing your thoughts on which is faster.

Travis Montgomery
Senior Sales Engineer
LEAD Logo