Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Friday, March 25, 2011 1:26:15 AM(UTC)
kiranvidhate

Groups: Registered

Hi,

Getting Class not registered error
I have implemented an application where I am showing a list of videos on a form. After clicking on particular video from the list it opens another form which contains Lead Player which plays that selected video. Furthermore I have created an installer for the application.

When I deployed the application it works perfectly on the machine where I had developed it. But on others machines I am getting error as “Class not registered (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040154 (REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG))” when I am clicking on the video from the video listing for playing it with Lead video player.

Please suggest.

Thanks.

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Friday, March 25, 2011 7:27:28 PM(UTC)
kiranvidhate

Hi,

One more thing I noticed that I am getting this error on the machines on which LeadTools multimedia V17 is not preinstalled.

So when I tired installing LeadTools multimedia V17 on machine before deploying my application the this error is occurring.

Is this error message is related with licensing. If yes please suggest how can I resolve this. For your information I am using following code to unlock LeadTools modules in the application:

LMDSKernel2 leadUnlocker;
leadUnlocker = new LMDSKernel2();
leadUnlocker.UnlockModule(pszKey, (int)UnLockFlagsConstants2.UNLOCK_APP_ONCE, pszAppID);

Thanks.

#3 Posted : Sunday, March 27, 2011 1:38:06 AM(UTC)
Maen Hasan

Groups: Registered, Tech Support

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

You need to copy and register the ltmm17.dll and DSKernel2.dll files on the deployment machine. You need to copy the DLLs to the Windows\system32 folder and register them using the using the RegSvr32.EXE.
If you are using a 64-bit operating system, you need to copy the DLLs to the Windows\SysWow64 folder and register them using the RegSvr32.EXE that exists in SysWOW64 folder.
Note that you might need to deploy and register additional LEADTOOLS Multimedia files on the deployment machine. This depends on the LEADTOOLS codecs and filters that you use in your application.
For more information, please see the help topic "Multimedia Files You Must Include With Your Application (Redistributables)".
Also, you will need to unlock the LEADTOOLS Multimedia support in your code by using the LMDSKernel2.UnlockModule() method.

Thanks,
Maen Badwan
LEADTOOLS Technical Support

#4 Posted : Sunday, March 27, 2011 9:03:34 PM(UTC)
kiranvidhate

Hi,
Thanks for the information.

However, let me be more specific here.
I need to build an application setup project using the Visual Studio Setup project. This setup project itself should contain the pre-requisites/redistributables required for LeadTools, so that no such manual steps to register the LeadTools DLL would be required on the end user's machines.
Please note, the end users would be manual users and will not be able to follow these steps of copying and registering the DLLs. The setup project project should do all this automatically for them.
Can you please advise?

Also, we are making use of the Dynamic rate controller and text overlay filters, and all this should also come along automatically with the final application bundle setup.

Thanks

#5 Posted : Sunday, March 27, 2011 11:13:03 PM(UTC)
kiranvidhate

Hi,

Meanwhile I tried by manually copying ltmm17.dll and DSKernel2.dll to the Windows\system32 folder and register them using the using the RegSvr32.EXE which resolved the error. But form is now showing another error message as “Ltmm Error: Unspecified error” when I am running the video from the video list.

Please note I am using Dynamic Rate Control filter as well as Text Overlay filter with the lead video player.

Please suggest.

Thanks.

#6 Posted : Monday, March 28, 2011 3:32:17 AM(UTC)
Maen Hasan

Groups: Registered, Tech Support

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

Your users should NOT have to copy or register anything. It is your responsibility (the programmer) to create a setup that copies all needed files and registers what needs to be registered.
If you want more information about how setup project perform copying and registering, please refer to the documentation of your deployment tools, because that information is not specific to LEADTOOLS but it is general information that applies to any COM or ActiveX object.

The specific information about our filters and what they require to copy and register is detailed in the following help files:

LEADTOOLS Multimedia help file: help topic "Multimedia Files to be Included with Your Application"

LEADTOOLS Multimedia Filters help file: help topic "Multimedia Files You Must Include With Your Application (Redistributables)

This includes information about the LEAD Dynamic Rate Control Filter and other filters.

Thanks,
Maen Badwan
LEADTOOLS Technical Support