Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Tuesday, March 8, 2011 7:24:25 PM(UTC)
samit1984

Groups: Registered

hello sir,

1)wanted to know do leadtool support dicom jpip , becouse in demo example it only support norma j2k so wanted to ask and conform dose it support diocm with j2k compression. if yes then do we have demo example for that .

2)i wanted to build dicom jpip server and client can u please give me detail step how to do it if demo example is not there

3)or we have to extract image out of dicom file and then send some thing like this but at the client side i want meta data also .

Thanks
Samit

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Wednesday, March 9, 2011 6:38:40 AM(UTC)
Maen Hasan

Groups: Registered, Tech Support

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

Samit,

LEADTOOLS has support for both the reversible (lossless) and irreversible (lossy) JPEG 2000 Image Compression scheme supported in DICOM.
You can use the ChangeTransferSyntax demo to convert any DICOM dataset with image to JPEG 2000 Image Compression (Lossless Only) (1.2.840.10008.1.2.4.90) and JPEG 2000 Image Compression (1.2.840.10008.1.2.4.91). You can also specify the JPEG 2000 compression when inserting or updating image in Pixel Data element (SetImage or InsertImage).
DICOM allows encoding of URL in reference the pixel data element from which pixel data can be retrieved using JPIP.  

This URL can be used for interactive client/server display of JPEG 2000 compressed file (i.e. JPIP). In this case, you need to extract the image from DICOM and save the file as JPEG 2000 to be used by your JPIP server.
Also, DICOM part 18 defines Web Access to DICOM Persistent Objects (WADO) defines HTTP request/response for retrieving DICOM or pixel data (image) in other formats such as having MIME types of image/gif, image/png, image/jp2 etc.

Currently, we are not shipping WADO support natively in our toolkit but you should be able to implement it by following the standard. However, LEADTOOLs ships with WCF services for retrieving DICOM and/or Image from DICOM dataset as part of Medical Web Viewer Framework.

If you would like, you can download and try the free evaluation version of LEADTOOLS SDK from our website.

Thanks,
Maen Badwan
LEADTOOLS Technical Support

#3 Posted : Wednesday, March 9, 2011 7:29:27 AM(UTC)
samit1984

Groups: Registered

thank you
ya we have leead tools 17 with us

what i have understand is u can not directly stream (dicom jpeg2000 1.2.840.10008.1.2.4.90) file you can stream only normal jpeg2000 (without dicom tags or meta data ) or i have misunderstand some thing .

can u please provide detail step for creating app for dicom jpip server and client . i mean i understand we can not stream directly dicom_jpeg2000 file (1.2.840.10008.1.2.4.90) . so i have to do 2 things
1) save meta data seperate and image pixel as normal jpeg2000 image .and then stream normal jpeg2000 image seperatly .

but i requried meta data also how do client view it ..

if yes then can please provide me with detail steps how i do it .

samit

#4 Posted : Thursday, March 10, 2011 5:34:09 AM(UTC)
Maen Hasan

Groups: Registered, Tech Support

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

LEADTOOLS can stream DICOM with JPEG 2000 encapsulated image using our IObjectRetrieveService interface of Leadtools.Dicom.WCF namespace. You can retrieve DICOM with or without the image using GetDicom method and you can get the image by itself using GetImage method.

JPIP standard has no extension for transferring DICOM header information, it can only deal with J2K encoded image.
If you are trying to implement JPIP and DICOM header exchange using standard way, we recommend reviewing WADO in PS3.18 of DICOM standard. It defines web services for exchanging application information using mime type application/dicom.
If you are just trying to implement a web based DICOM viewer, you can look into our Medical Web Viewer Framework and its WCF components and services.

Thanks,
Maen Badwan
LEADTOOLS Technical Support