Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Monday, March 7, 2011 11:12:02 PM(UTC)

DrDale  
DrDale

Groups: Registered

Hi - I'm using the Multimedia toolkit for a video compression application.  Things are working fine and deployment has been good so far.  However, I have a client with a problem now that I dont know how to fix.  The customer wants to do uncompressed video recording, but isn't getting uncompressed as an option and I don't know why.  On the customers PC, other media applications do have Uncompressed as an option.

For some reason, the customer is not seeing the Uncompressed (Full frames) option listed as a video codec for AVI targets with the LEAD tools.  Other PC's I have deployed on have always seen this compression option so I dont think it is a bug or deployment problem in my code.

I'm using the LEAD ltmmConvert.get_VideoCompressors function to list available codecs.

Is there a reason why this would not list uncompressed as an option?   What am I missing?

Thanks in advance for any input you might have.

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Tuesday, March 8, 2011 8:22:39 AM(UTC)

Adnan Ismail  

Groups: Guests

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

Usually, the very first compressor (item zero) is the Full Frames option. Please check the value of the following "bstrFriendlyName" string on that machine using this code:
+----------------------------+
IltmmCompressors* pCompressors;
BSTR bstrFriendlyName;
pConvert->get_VideoCompressors (&pCompressors);
pCompressors->Item (0, &pCompressor);
pCompressor->get_FriendlyName (&bstrFriendlyName);
+----------------------------+

#3 Posted : Tuesday, March 8, 2011 8:54:54 AM(UTC)

DrDale  
DrDale

Thanks for your response.  As you suggest, I have always found that the very first compressor is indeed the full frames (uncompressed) option on every other system. 

I actually sent a minial win32 application to the customer whose only function was to use LEAD tools to list the codec friendly names exactly as you suggest.  I did not believe the customer that was not there.  They sent me a screen shot (attached) showing the result.  FYI the reference to 'gecko' library is my wrapper that uses LEAD tools in my main application.

On this system you can see Uncompressed is just not there - the first entry is the WMVideo 8 Encoder DMO.

Its weird.  The way I understand it, uncompressed is not even a real codec that requires installation.  Is there a component that I could miss that is needed to find the uncompressed option?  I currently distribute with only the following LEAD DLLs installed and licensed:

ltmm17.dll
DSKernel2.dll
LEncMpg23.dll
LDecMpg22.dll
LCodcCMP2.dll
LEncH2644.dll

DrDale attached the following image(s):
geckocodec.jpg

#4 Posted : Tuesday, March 8, 2011 9:19:09 PM(UTC)

Adnan Ismail  

This is unusual and I'm not sure what's causing it.
The problem with multimedia deployment issues in general is that any component on the PC from any vendor (such as codec, filter or application) can affect all other multimedia programs.
Please send the following in an email to support@leadtools.com
1. Your toolkit serial number (do NOT post it here).
2. LEADTOOLS DLL builds (DLL version info) for the files that you deployed on that PC.
3. A link to this forum post.

#5 Posted : Tuesday, March 8, 2011 11:03:47 PM(UTC)

DrDale  
DrDale

Yes it is unusual.  I've certainly not seen it before.  I've emailed the support address and lets see if they can suggest anything.

#6 Posted : Wednesday, March 9, 2011 11:51:05 PM(UTC)

DrDale  
DrDale

Your tech support suggestion to include an additional redistributable file with my deployment has solved the issue.  I'm posting it here to help others with the same problem.  The following file should be redistributed and registered with my application in order to gaurentee that the uncompressed codec option is always available:

LMVRGBxf.dll

Many thanks for your help.

#7 Posted : Thursday, March 10, 2011 6:46:49 AM(UTC)

Adnan Ismail  

Please note that this filter does not require additional licensing and it is included in LEADTOOLS version 17 Multimedia SDK.