Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Sunday, February 27, 2011 12:29:15 AM(UTC)
BILEL SDIRI

Groups: Registered

Hey guys,
I am working on a project this days and am still the first steps..I want you help me in the choice..Do i developp with LEADTOOLS or with EMGU ? Whats the difference between them ? I am gonna developp in C# and my project consists to capture video from a webcam, camera ... do processing on the video images including a compression algorithm of a codec and then send that stream over the Internet so others can see it ... it's kind of video conference. Of course the treatment of image must be real time and before viewing the video.
Help me plz.

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Monday, February 28, 2011 12:48:19 AM(UTC)
Maen Hasan

Groups: Registered, Tech Support

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

Since you're posting this on the official LEADTOOLS forums, the answer would be that LEADTOOLS is the best toolkit in the world :)

About your requirements, they can be easily implemented using LEADTOOLS Multimedia v17, but you might need some other modules depending on what exactly you mean by processing the video.

The toolkit itself includes some video processing filters, which are detailed in the "LEADTOOLS Multimedia Product Comparison Chart" on our website. However, if you want to use a LEAD video compressor (codec) that's not part of the toolkit, you might have to purchase it as an add-on.

About streaming, what will the client PCs be using to view the video? Will they have your application (and our DLLs) installed?

If you don't have LEADTOOLS Multimedia, I suggest downloading the free evaluation edition from our website.

Thanks,
Maen Badwan
LEADTOOLS Technical Support