Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Wednesday, February 23, 2011 5:27:59 AM(UTC)
anthonyo

Groups: Registered

I need help inserting text onto existing videos (WMV) and existing images (JPG).  I am familiar with the Video Overlay, and I already have that working with streaming video, but I need to add text overlay to video that has already been created (with no text overlay on it).  Same with some still images.  Any ideas?
I'm using VB6 with LEADTOOLS Multimedia 17.
Thanks,
anthonyo

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Wednesday, February 23, 2011 1:23:49 PM(UTC)

Walter  
Walter

Groups: Tech Support

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)

Hello anthonyo,

We can't modify existing files using the Multimedia SDK, but you can convert the file using the Video Overlay filter. This will create a new file with the overlay data so that anything that plays the file will see the overlay. If you play the file with the LEADTOOLS player control, the overlay is getting added to the rendered output, but not to the original file.

Regarding modifying still images, this would be possible using either the still image reader and writer filters with the multimedia SDK, or using any of our still imaging toolkits. Using the still imaging toolkits, you could use the a command like Combine or FeatherAlphaBlend to add the overlay image to the destination image.
Walter Bates
Senior Support Engineer
LEAD Technologies, Inc.
LEAD Logo

#3 Posted : Thursday, February 24, 2011 5:00:56 AM(UTC)
anthonyo

Groups: Registered

Thanks for your suggestions Walter.  How do I use the Video Overlay filter to convert a video?  Can you direct me to a VB6 example?  I also need help finding an example of the still image reader and writer filters using VB6.

Thanks again,
anthonyo

#4 Posted : Thursday, February 24, 2011 5:55:19 AM(UTC)

Walter  
Walter

Groups: Tech Support

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)

The main VB Multimedia convert demo would be able to illustrate both. You can set the source file to either a video or image file. If it's an image, the Still Image reader will be used. Then set the output file.

If you're trying to output an image, set the target format to "Still Image", and then click on the properties button. There will be a output file name within the dialog, and you can set the type of file you want to create as well. Please note that the still image reader and writer filters require the use of file filters from our Imaging Pro SDK. If you have not done so, you will need to download this SDK as well to test this out.

After setting the source and target files, add the overlay filter with the Video Processing Filters section. You'll need to add the filter to the list, and you can configure it with it's property page.

Lastly, click on the convert button, and the new file should be generated.

For more information about how to programmatically add a video/audio processor to one of our controls, and get access to the filter interface, please see the help file topic "Access the Interface of Filters" in the COM help file.
Walter Bates
Senior Support Engineer
LEAD Technologies, Inc.
LEAD Logo