Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Thursday, February 17, 2011 7:00:54 AM(UTC)
jacob925

Groups: Registered

When the VC++ 2010 redist is present My .Net 4.0 application loads and runs fine.

When it is not present, I get the following error:

Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Leadtools.Codecs.dll' or one of its dependencies. The specified module could not be found.

I know that C++ assemblies compiled in VS 2010 with .Net 4.0 require the redist but we are working internally to remove this dependancy.

I would inquire as to whether you know if this Redist package is required to run the LeadTools version 17 components?

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Sunday, February 20, 2011 4:55:30 AM(UTC)

Adam Boulad  

Groups: Guests

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

If you're using our .NET 4 assemblies, you do not need to run the VC++ Runtime setup, but you will need to deploy some of its files. The help topic "Files to be Included with Your Application" states:
LEADTOOLS binaries for .NET 4.0 require the following Microsoft C/C++ Runtime files to be distributed in the application's PATH:
MSVCR100.dll
MSVCP100.dll