Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Wednesday, February 9, 2011 5:27:16 AM(UTC)

Barbie  
Barbie

Groups: Registered

Here is the matter:
I have a class containing a IRasterImage where I load an Image from the database. The first time I need to show it there is no any problem, I load directly from the database and It Shows good, then in order of not accessing too many times to the database, I save this object in the tag of a listview item, where I have a list of document that contain an IrasterImage. Then, in case, I’d need it again, I don’t access to the database. The problem is when I recover this object from the tag of the listviewitem, almost all properties instead of show me(while debugging) the data, show me system.nullreferenceExcepcion. It no produce an execution error, neither stop the running of the application, but this second time the image does not show up.

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Thursday, February 10, 2011 5:15:23 AM(UTC)
Maen Hasan

Groups: Registered, Tech Support

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

I want to investigate more about this issue. Please send an email to support@leadtools.com and include the following information in it:
1. Your LEADTOOLS product serial number (do NOT post it here).
2. A small working project (not your full app) that shows how you're saving the tags. Please don't send a project that uses database, but make it load a sample image from disk file.
3. The build number (file version info) for Leadtools .Net DLLs (Leadtools.dll).
4. A link to this forum thread.

If you send files, please make sure to put them all in one ZIP or RAR file to ensure our server delivers them correctly.

Thanks,
Maen Badwan
LEADTOOLS Technical Support

#3 Posted : Thursday, February 10, 2011 6:06:53 AM(UTC)

Barbie  
Barbie

Groups: Registered

Hi: I solve this problem saving the image to the hard disk temporaly in a hidden location to the user and load from it, then erase it when finished.
The problem seems to be in the component I use to show the image-I didn't create it- that is modifing somehow the image and because of reference, the object update in the Tag too.
The component uses leadtools dll, but this error I think is more problably the programing of the component, that the leadtools, but I don't know for sure and don't have time to figure it out.
Thanks a lot for answering my post. If you still want the code to investigate, let me know.

#4 Posted : Sunday, February 13, 2011 1:28:25 AM(UTC)
Maen Hasan

Groups: Registered, Tech Support

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

I'm not sure from your description, but it appears you might have a program that somebody else created using LEADTOOLS.
In other words, you might not be the owner of our toolkit, but the owner of a program that was created by someone who owns our toolkit.
If that's the case and you face problems with that software, I recommend you contact the vendors of that software because we can only give support to our direct customers, but not to their customers.
If you do own any of our products and need help with it, please provide us with the LEAD product serial number through email.

Thanks,
Maen Badwan
LEADTOOLS Technical Support