Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Monday, January 24, 2011 9:14:57 AM(UTC)

v000  
v000

Groups: Registered

Hi,

how come I need to unlock something for a stupid demo? Your support states: "Since you are using the free evaluation version, you don't need any unlock keys." (see http://support.leadtools...rums/36719/ShowPost.aspx). I _am_ using an evaluation version, but with that kind of evaluation restrictions I cannot evaluate. You are guarding the guard again.

Any help?

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Tuesday, January 25, 2011 3:15:39 AM(UTC)

Adnan Ismail  

Groups: Guests

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

The statement that "using the free evaluation version, you don't need any unlock keys" is completely true. Here are more details:

1. If you download any LEADTOOLS toolkit and install it in evaluation mode, all the optional features supported by that toolkit will be unlocked (enabled) for you to try.

2. If a LEADTOOLS demo is giving you an error message, please tell me which demo it is and what line in the demo source code is displaying the error.
Such error messages usually have If statements controlling them, so the source code should tell you exactly why the demo refused to work.

3. Also, please specify which toolkit evaluation you installed (exact setup link from our site).

#3 Posted : Tuesday, January 25, 2011 1:13:55 PM(UTC)

v000  
v000

3. Redownloaded LEADTOOLSMain.exe (full) and LEADTOOLSMultimedia.exe. Never suspected there could be several v17 "LEADTOOLSMain.exe"s and "LEADTOOLSMultimedia.exe"s, as these were bigger in sizes. Thanks for the tip! Recompiled examples except DicomPrn, which appears broken (see attachment).

2. Most of the demos compiled with "older v17" (LOL) failed on "if(LSettingsIsSupportLocked(L_SUPPORT_MEDICAL))". Only DicomVideo worked properly.

1. Both downloaded SDKs are/were installed in evaluation mode.

#4 Posted : Tuesday, January 25, 2011 1:15:33 PM(UTC)

v000  
v000

Trying to attach the non-attachable...
File Attachment(s):
BuildLog.zip (3kb) downloaded 28 time(s).

#5 Posted : Wednesday, January 26, 2011 4:22:58 AM(UTC)

Adnan Ismail  

It appears that you have fixed locking issue you were facing. However, now you have a different problem using our DicomPrn demo. Is this correct?

In order to help you regarding the new issue, I want you to answer the following questions:
1- The log indicates that the toolkit installation folder (location of the Include directory) is C:\Programs\LEADTOOLS\Main\v17\
However, the demo source code appears to be in a folder called o:\Desktop
Did you change the installation folder during our toolkit setup?
If you did, can you try to install the toolkit in its default folder and open the demo from its original location inside the default folder?
2- In your log file, it appears you are compiling the C++ Class library DicomPrn demo example, Did you modify the demo before you tried to compile it?
3- Which version of Microsoft Visual Studio (VC++ 6, VS 2005, VS 2008, etc)  did you open the demo with?
4- What is your Windows Operating System (XP, Windows 7, Vista), which service pack does it have and is it a Win32 or 64-bit OS?

#6 Posted : Wednesday, January 26, 2011 6:48:17 AM(UTC)

v000  
v000

That is correct.

1. Installation folder is C:\Programs\LEADTOOLS\Main\v17\ (differs from default), examples copied to O:\Desktop as I'm normally working under User account. Updated project with new include paths, also updated inports.cpp and stdafx.h. I'd prefer to not reinstall as the error reported by compiler says IDD_PULLSTOREDPRINT_MOREPARAMETERS definition is nowhere to be found: did a grep search on the whole LEADTOOLS folder and the only file it found was PSPDlg.h
2. See #1.
3. VS2008 SP1
4. WinXP SP3 (32-bit)

Broken DicomPrn is no biggie, as I'm not particularly interested in this example.

#7 Posted : Wednesday, January 26, 2011 6:49:02 AM(UTC)

v000  
v000

Sorry for mistyping imports.cpp ...

#8 Posted : Thursday, January 27, 2011 7:43:22 AM(UTC)

Adnan Ismail  

I compiled the DicomPrn from within our Examples folder using V2008 SP1 on a Windows XP SP3 32-bit and it compiled and worked fine. Please note that our demo examples have folder and directory structures to load our Header and Library files, in addition to some common source code files. When you copy the examples to a different folder, you must make sure to modify the directory structure in the demo or copy the Examples folder along with the Include and LIB folders to identical relative locations.

In any case, if you ever need this demo in the future, you can try to build it from its original location.