Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Tuesday, January 18, 2011 9:03:19 AM(UTC)

adavila  
adavila

Groups: Registered

Hi,
I have a problem which and I don't know if this could be done, so I will explain myself:

I have 3 different forms, each of them has its own MasterForm and they work perfect, but there is a 4th MasterForm which I use to read a little code on the bottom of the page, lets call the "reader MasterForm". (It has a textField)

These 3 forms, are different but all of them have a unique code at their bottom and it's always at the same position.
If I have created the "reader MasterForm" using the form number 2, it can read the code only from that form, if I try to read the codes from the other 2 forms (1 and 3) I can't retrieve the code.

I'm developing under windows XP, using visual studio 2008 and the evaluation version of leadtools v17.
My project is based on examples of the MasteFormsEditor and FormsDemo.

Code snippet: using the form number 1 against the "reader masterform" created from the form number 2.

Dim result As AutoFormsRunResult = autoEngine.Run(_imagen, AddressOf MyPageRequestCallback, _encuesta, Nothing)

This result is not empty but when I try to get it's TextFormFieldResult.Text it's nothing.

I would like to use the "reader masterform" as an standard MasterForm because it only has a TextField to read a code that is always at the same position.

Thanks in advance.

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Wednesday, January 19, 2011 5:46:09 AM(UTC)

Adam Boulad  

Groups: Guests

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

Even if you manage to create a correct common (reader) master form, it might not be a good idea to use it.

If the different master forms perform accurate recognition, performing a second forms recognition pass using the fourth reader master form will be time consuming.
A faster approach would be to define an OCR zone at the known location and perform OCR for that field alone.

#3 Posted : Wednesday, January 19, 2011 9:25:12 PM(UTC)

adavila  
adavila

The main point is that before doing any recognition operation I must know that "code". So, I can't define an OCR zone within each master form.

IS there a way to define a Master form that will not take into account the form itself, just focus on that little location?

#4 Posted : Thursday, January 20, 2011 5:30:13 AM(UTC)

Adam Boulad  

Groups: Guests

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

I did not mean to define a zone in the master forms, I meant to use our OCR features. Maybe if I give you steps, it will become clear:
1. Load the image (filled form) and add it as an OCR page (without Forms Recognition at all) using the IOcrPageCollection.AddPage Method.
2. Define a zone (by code, or by loading it from a .ZON file) that contains the location where you want to get the string from.
3. Perform OCR to get the string using the IOcrPage.Recognize Method.

This should work if all filled forms have the same size and they contain desired string in approximately the same location. Even if there are small variations, you could define the zone in step 3 to be a little larger to include it in all images.

From what I understood, you're trying to define a master form based on only one field that covers a common part in totally different forms. I don't think that will work because it will not be enough for correct forms recognition.

#5 Posted : Thursday, January 20, 2011 9:30:50 PM(UTC)

adavila  
adavila

Hi,
I already did that using the aid of this example: OcrZonesRubberBandDemo.

Thx for the help.