Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Wednesday, December 1, 2010 9:37:56 PM(UTC)

adavila  
adavila

Groups: Registered

Hi,

I'm using the leadtools ocr forms recognition SDK, evaluation version 17. Currently developing under visual studio 2008 on windows xp 32 bits machine, and I would like to deploy it in my testing machine which uses windows 7 32bits.

Well, I have create an installation project, added the dlls I use from ..\LEAD Technologies\LEADTOOLS 17\Redist\DotNet\Win32, also I have added the following dlls from \LEAD Technologies\LEADTOOLS 17\Bin\Common\OCR Thunk and the dlls of the OCR engine I use from here \LEAD Technologies\LEADTOOLS 17\Bin\Common\OcrProfessionalRuntime

So, after this, I create the install.exe and execute it on the test machine without problems, but when I try to run it, it says: could not load file or assembly leadtools, verstion=17.0.0.0 ....

Any idea what am I doing wrong?

Regards,

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Wednesday, December 1, 2010 9:39:11 PM(UTC)

adavila  
adavila

I forget to say that also I have added the required files from here:
http://www.leadtools.com/Help/LEADTOOLS/v17/DH/to/leadtools.topics~leadtools.topics.filestobeincludedwithyourapplication.html

#3 Posted : Thursday, December 2, 2010 5:57:28 AM(UTC)

Basel  

Groups: Guests

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

Please make sure you set your application to run as x86 (or x64 if you are using 64bit DLLs) but not Any CPU.

If this doesn’t solve the problem, please tell me when do you get this error message exactly and what's your Leadtools.dll build number.

#4 Posted : Thursday, December 2, 2010 11:52:11 PM(UTC)

adavila  
adavila

Hi,

I'm using x86 on my development machine and the target platform is an x86 machine too. On the install project, I have set the target platform property as x86 since I created it.

I got the error as soon as my project starts. The first lines of code initializes the OCR engines, Rastercodecs and so on. The first one is the Rastercodecs. When the compiler reach this line, it throws the error: Could not load file or assembly 'Leadtools, Version= 17.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=9cf889f53ea9b907' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

I would like to know which are the exact steps I have to follow in order to be able to deploy this evaluation version on a deploy test machine.

Those are the steps I have already done:
-Create an installation project and add the dlls I use on my project from these folders:
\LEAD Technologies\LEADTOOLS 17\Redist\DotNet\Win32
\LEAD Technologies\LEADTOOLS 17\Redist\DotNet\Win32\Filters

(All the dlls that are referenced from my project have been added, except Leadtools.dll which isn't on these folders and also if I add the Leadtools.dll that is inside this folder \LEAD Technologies\LEADTOOLS 17\Bin\Dotnet\Win32 I got an error that says I don't have a valid license)

-Add the required files for the OCR professional engine, add all the files from these 2 folders.
\LEAD Technologies\LEADTOOLS 17\Bin\Common\OCR Thunk
\LEAD Technologies\LEADTOOLS 17\Bin\Common\OcrProfessionalRuntime

So, can you tell me which step I have missed or what am I doing wrong?

Regards,

#5 Posted : Sunday, December 5, 2010 2:52:28 AM(UTC)

Basel  

You will need to do the following:
1. Copy all the DLLs you used in your project to the applciation path in the deployment machine (including Leadtools.dll)
What's the exact error message about licensing that you get? Please make sure that Leadtools.dll is Eval Kernel.

2. Copy the OCR engine folder to your deployment machine and make sure you use the engine path parameter when you initialize the engine (do not pass null in the engine path of ocrEngine.Startup()).

If you still face a problem, please create a small sample project (not your full application) that shows the issue and put it in a ZIP or RAR file and send it to me. You can post it here or send it to support@leadtools.com and mention this forum post.

#6 Posted : Monday, January 17, 2011 6:12:26 AM(UTC)

adavila  
adavila

Hi,

I'm still not able to deploy the evaluation version on a test machine.

Well, I have copied all the files and made sure that Leadtools.dll is Evaluation Kernel (Win32). Also I have copied the OCR engine folder (... LEAD Technologies\LEADTOOLS 17\Bin\Common\OcrProfessionalRuntime) and set the startup this way:
OcrEngines(i).Startup(Nothing, Nothing, Nothing, ocrEnginePath)

The deploy machine is using windows 7 and when I launch my application I got the following error:

"Engine initialization error: or no appropriate license."

The OcrEngines.Startup() method is launching the error, I have already check that the ocrEnginePath is correctly set, so what did I miss?
Any help would be appreciate.

#7 Posted : Tuesday, January 18, 2011 5:28:37 AM(UTC)

Basel  

Can you please create a small sample project (NOT your full application) that shows the issue and send it to me to test it here? You can post it here or send it to support@leadtools.com and mention this forum post. If you do send files, please put them in a ZIP or RAR file.

#8 Posted : Tuesday, January 18, 2011 7:59:35 AM(UTC)

adavila  
adavila

That won't be necessary, I have solved the issue.
The problem was that I was giving a relative path to the startup() method, like ..\..\xxx and it couldn't transform into c:\xxx\yyy\zzz\etc. Once I gave the full path it worked.