Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Sunday, October 24, 2010 9:38:46 PM(UTC)

J  
J

Groups: Registered

I am using LEADTOOLS Document Imaging Suite v13 and trying to scan duplex through my application via a Fujitsu fi-6130 scanner. Duplex scan works outside of the application, however, it does not work through the app – only the front side of each page is scanned in.

Our application allows user to opt to scan duplex by checking a flag. This must programmatically enable the duplex properties for twain scanning.

On trying to debug the values being set for the duplex properties, I noticed that the TwainDuplex property has a value of 2000. The twnDuplexEnabled property however, reads ‘True’.

On explicitly trying to set TwainDuplex property to 1 - Pass, I receive an error that says: “Property ‘TwainDuplex’ does not support property type propput/proputref”.

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Monday, October 25, 2010 5:40:50 AM(UTC)

Adam Boulad  

Groups: Guests

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

Robert,
There are 2 Twain capabilities related to duplex scanning:
CAP_DUPLEX: tells you whether the scanner supports duplex. (Get only, cannot set).
CAP_DUPLEXENABLED: Set to True or False to control duplex scanning.

Can you test the Twain device using the standard Twain test utility from the Twain Working Group. This program is called Twacker and you can get it from here: http://www.twain.org/devfiles/twack.zip
Try to use the Twacker to get the CAP_DUPLEX, and get or set the CAP_DUPLEXENABLED capabilities.

Which programming interface (Main OCX, .NET classes, DLL API, C++ Classes, etc.) are you using?

#3 Posted : Tuesday, October 26, 2010 10:07:58 PM(UTC)

J  
J

I'm using COM implementation.

I downloaded Twacker to test. A little confusing as I'm new to this, but I did an Acquire, Enabled Duplex from the custom settings page.. and I did see a quick flash of the front page on the main window, and then it finally loaded the back page.
Looks like it did scan duplex. I can't get the file to save physically.

How exactly do you suggest I check these property values?

Are you saying my scanner does not support programatically setting duplex scanning to 'Yes'?

#4 Posted : Wednesday, October 27, 2010 5:49:11 AM(UTC)

Adam Boulad  

It seems that you are using the scan dialog of the scanner. Try to set the capabilities I mentioned as follows:
In the Twacker application:
1) From the Special menu => choose 1. Load/Open SM
2) From the Special menu => choose 2. Open Source
3) From the Special menu => choose 3. Send
4) Set MSG to MSG_SET and then get/set the Duplex capability.
Are you able to set the Duplex capability.

#5 Posted : Wednesday, October 27, 2010 7:45:44 PM(UTC)

J  
J

I've attached a snapshot of my result. I selected the WIA driver as the source and then followed the steps you've mentioned.

I still don't know what values need to go into the Container and the Structure. When I hit Send on the settings (seen in the attached snapshot), I receive a FAILURE message.

Could you explain this to me, please? Would there be an instruction manual for Twacker by any chance? =)

#6 Posted : Wednesday, October 27, 2010 7:54:57 PM(UTC)

J  
J

Why can't I see my jpg attachment?
J attached the following image(s):
Twacker_Test_Duplex1.JPG

#7 Posted : Wednesday, October 27, 2010 8:20:14 PM(UTC)

J  
J

I tried 2 tests - selecting the WIA Driver and the Fujitsu one that I see when selecting source. The GET Duplex results vary in both - WIA fails, Fujitsu returns success.

But I can't seem to be able to SET Duplex on either as I see either a failure or bad operation returned status.

I've attached the screenshots here. Let me know what you think.
Twacker_Test_GetDuplex_SelectSource.JPG

#8 Posted : Thursday, October 28, 2010 2:46:57 AM(UTC)

Adam Boulad  

The WIA driver will not support all features when used in a Twain application, so let's concentrate on the Twain driver.
It appears from the screenshot that getting the Duplex capability works with the Twain driver returning a value of 1-pass duplex and a result of success.
In the same dialog, choose the settings as shown in the attached screenshot. What is the returned value?
Guest attached the following image(s):
Twacker.jpg

#9 Posted : Thursday, October 28, 2010 2:57:41 AM(UTC)

J  
J

It returns success - see attached screenshot.

However, I see a problem with this. In my application, when I select the source as WIA, it scans the pages in.. but the minute I change the source to the fujitsu driver, nothing happens.. it doesn't seem to be able to connect to the scanner at all.
I'm performing remote scans, if that matters here.
DuplexEnabled_TWAIN.JPG

#10 Posted : Thursday, October 28, 2010 4:10:00 AM(UTC)

Adam Boulad  

If your Twain driver has a problem and you want to use the WIA driver instead, you can only control advanced features using the WIA interface. However, version 13 of LEADTOOLS did not have direct support for WIA, which was added in later versions. If you would like to explore the possibility of upgrading your application, I suggest you download the free evaluation edition of LEADTOOLS 17 from our site or contacting support@leadtools.com and providing more information about your programming language and the features you commonly use from LEADTOOLS.