Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Thursday, August 12, 2010 9:29:13 PM(UTC)

HELID  
HELID

Groups: Registered

I´m using LeadTools vector Imaging pro 14.5. I use the TLeadImage component in Delphi 2006. I load images of different formats, .png, .jpg and .cal images into the TLeadImage. I want LeadTools to tell me the height of each image in millimeters or centimeters. How can I get that information?
Best Regards/
Helena

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Sunday, August 15, 2010 1:34:44 AM(UTC)

Adam Boulad  

Groups: Guests

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

You can calculate the physical height of the image using this equation:
Size in inches = Lead1.BitmapHeight (in pixels or dots) / Lead1.BitmapYres (the Vertical resolution or DPI)

You can then convert the size in inches to centimeters by this ratio:
1 inch = 2.54 centimeters

The same can apply to the width using the Lead1.BitmapWidth and Lead1.BitmapXres properties.

#3 Posted : Monday, August 16, 2010 1:34:09 AM(UTC)

HELID  
HELID

Thanks for your answer. I use the equation but the result in centimeters isn´t the right I think. When I insert the same image into word and view the size property of the image it says that the image is 3,5 cm higher than the result from TLeadimage properties. How come ?? Best regards/ Helena

#4 Posted : Monday, August 16, 2010 3:21:45 AM(UTC)

Adam Boulad  

I want to check the file at my side. Can you attach the sample image in a ZIP or RAR file to ensure it is delivered correctly?

You can either post it here or send it to support@leadtools.com and mention this post.
When attaching to the forums, do not use the "Preview" feature.

#5 Posted : Wednesday, September 1, 2010 5:09:29 AM(UTC)

HELID  
HELID

Hello!
Sorry for my late reply but I have been on vacation. Here is the picture. Best regards/ Helena
File Attachment(s):
PA150018.zip (813kb) downloaded 25 time(s).

#6 Posted : Thursday, September 2, 2010 3:05:50 AM(UTC)

Adam Boulad  

The image you sent does not have a resolution value saved with it so our toolkit loads it with the default value of 150.
If the file has no DPI value, you should set the source DPI value after you load the image using the BitmapXRes and BitmapYRes properties.

There isn't a way to check if the file has a DPI value or not, but I want to investigate this issue further. Please send your LEADTOOLS v14.5 serial number to support@leadtools.com and include a link to this forum post. Please do not post your serial number here.