Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Friday, June 25, 2010 2:43:40 AM(UTC)

HMB-HSA  
HMB-HSA

Groups: Registered

I am new to this. Could anyone please help me clarify how "white lines" effect barcode recognition?

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Monday, June 28, 2010 8:56:57 PM(UTC)

Basel  

Groups: Guests

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

"White lines" determine the number of white lines to terminate recognizing the barcode bars, if there is a white line that cross the barcode bars if it is within the white lines they will be considered one barcode otherwise they will be considered separate ones.

#3 Posted : Wednesday, June 30, 2010 8:29:35 PM(UTC)

HMB-HSA  
HMB-HSA

If we assume a white line is crossing a
black bar and it will be read as two bars instead of one, what will
happen if the number in the “white lines” box has been reached and no
end mark has been read?

#4 Posted : Thursday, July 1, 2010 6:07:12 AM(UTC)

Basel  

I'm not sure I understand the question. Do you have an actual case where white and black lines are supposed to mean something but our barcode engine reads them incorrectly? If yes, please attach the image here or email it to support@leadtools.com with more details about the case and we will check it.

#5 Posted : Friday, July 2, 2010 2:51:02 AM(UTC)

HMB-HSA  
HMB-HSA

No actual case. I am writing the documentation for the end user.

I will rephrase the question.

If I have a white line dividing a barcode, it will be considered two barcodes if it goes through a black bar, but will it also be recognized as two? Will the engine return two values as if two barcodes were read(123456 becomes 123 and then 456) or should I expect a barcode error to be returned?

#6 Posted : Sunday, July 4, 2010 5:19:11 AM(UTC)

Basel  

The answer would be "not always".

If you take a valid barcode image and split its bars into 2 distinct images, in many cases the 2 portions will not correspond to readable correct barcodes. This of course depends on the barcode type but for most types the barcodes will have some sort of header and/or trailer markers without which the barcode is not considered correct.
With some types, a portion of a barcode can be recognized if you enable the "Partial Read" option.

Please note that you may not be able to explain all possible cases in your documentation unless you want to do extensive research and look for sources way beyond our documentation. Our engineers build the toolkits to operate correctly according to established standards. However, they do not provide detailed description of the internal implementation of the algorithms they use.