Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Friday, March 19, 2010 9:15:07 AM(UTC)
Miss Interpret

Groups: Registered

Hi, I am using the MPEG decoder components with the Multimedia SDK and in certain cases another splitter is being loaded into the graph causing failure.

How to I go about making sure that the LEAD components I am using are loaded ?

Thanks!

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Sunday, March 21, 2010 5:35:48 AM(UTC)

Basel  

Groups: Guests

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

If you want to be able to choose the MPEG2 splitter, use ltmmConvertCtrl.PreferredMPEG2Splitter.
If this doesn't work, please tell me in which cases another splitter is loaded and how can I reproduce this?

#3 Posted : Monday, March 22, 2010 2:03:54 PM(UTC)
Miss Interpret

Am I right in interpreting that I can then use this to specify the LEAD MPEG 2 program demultiplexer as the splitter if I aquire the name via the Filter utility ?

The documentation isn't clear on when this needs to be set -- before I set the Source File ?

Thanks

#4 Posted : Tuesday, March 23, 2010 7:13:54 AM(UTC)

Basel  

Yes, you will need to acquire the name using the Filter utility, and then use it as the example shows in our Multimedia help file.

#5 Posted : Tuesday, March 23, 2010 10:40:29 AM(UTC)
Miss Interpret

I've gotten the put_PreferredMPEG2Splitter to accept the Filter name, but its not actually forcing the use of the LEAD MPEG2 Program Demultiplexer.

I've installed the Elecard MPEG pack and no matter what I do with that method on the player/converter it still defaults to using the Elecard one.

Is there any way to force the LEAD components to be picked up and used no matter what else is installed ?

#6 Posted : Wednesday, March 24, 2010 6:56:23 AM(UTC)

Basel  

When deciding which codecs and filters to load, DirectShow uses the Merit system. The Merit system basically gives each codec or filter a rank and when a file is decoded, the codec with the highest merit who claims to be able to handle that media type will be used.
For more information, please see this forum post:
http://support.leadtools.com/SupportPortal/CS/forums/21611/ShowPost.aspx

#7 Posted : Wednesday, March 24, 2010 8:05:00 AM(UTC)
Miss Interpret

Thanks!

#8 Posted : Wednesday, March 24, 2010 8:56:57 AM(UTC)
Miss Interpret

Actually, setting the LEAD MPEG2 Program Demultiplexer and MPEG2 Decoder (2.0) to have MERIT_PREFERRED still results in the Elcard components being loaded.

What's my last resort ?

I can't control what other components are installed on a target machine, and if I can't reliably ensure that the LEAD components will be used then the value of paying for the LEAD components is dubious!

#9 Posted : Thursday, March 25, 2010 6:50:59 AM(UTC)

Basel  

1. Did you restart the PC after changing the merit?
2. What is the merit value of the other filter on your system?
3. If you use the same video file on the same machine inside Graph Edit, are you able to connect it to both LEADTOOLS and the other splitter at different times successfully?

#10 Posted : Thursday, March 25, 2010 8:05:15 AM(UTC)
Miss Interpret

1. yes
2. Its also set to PREFERRED
3. In GraphEdit the Elecard component is always used except if I pre-add the LEAD components and then render media.

#11 Posted : Friday, March 26, 2010 7:47:02 AM(UTC)
Miss Interpret

Oh and the Player control doesn't behave the same way GraphEdit does when opening the Source file.

I got the graph, added the LEAD MPEG2 filters and opened the source file but enumerating the filters in the graph after shows that the Elecard components are still being selected.

Advice ?

#12 Posted : Sunday, March 28, 2010 5:46:23 AM(UTC)

Basel  

You can try to decrease the merit of the other filter, or increase ours, such as set the merit to a value higher than MERIT_PREFERRED like (MERIT_PREFERRED + 1).