Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Monday, March 15, 2010 10:19:08 AM(UTC)

yngvedh  
yngvedh

Groups: Registered

Hi,

I have now successfully implmemented record and playback of audio and all is working well, except...

The audio playback stops just short of the capture session. It's almost like the capture object stops all processing the instant i call the StopCapture method. Causing the recorded data which is still uncompressed to be discarded.

This seems happens sporadically, as sometimes it works fine but other times I get my recording truncated to 1-2 seconds before I stop the capture. Note that this does not seem to happen to the same extent or regularity when storing to WAVE rather than MP3 which i do.

Do you have any idea what causes this and hopefully also how to fix it?

best regards,

Yngve

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Tuesday, March 16, 2010 4:20:50 AM(UTC)
Maen Hasan

Groups: Registered, Tech Support

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

To resolve the problem, try to set the ltmmCaptureCtrl1.AudioBufferSize property to a small value (such as 0.01) before setting the TargetFormat, and retry the same issue.

Thanks,
Maen Badwan
LEADTOOLS Technical Support

#3 Posted : Tuesday, March 16, 2010 6:51:00 AM(UTC)

yngvedh  
yngvedh

Thanks again,

This did the trick. I have one follow-up question though. If this buffer is too small, will I potentially loose audio if the mp3 converter is unable to handle the data stream? For example in the case of the CPU being temporarily occupied with other tasks (in other processes)

regards,

- Yngve

#4 Posted : Wednesday, March 17, 2010 5:28:54 AM(UTC)

Adam Boulad  

Groups: Guests

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

Yngve,
With modern processors, this probably won't happen unless the PC is really overworked. However, if it turns out to be a real problem, send an email to support@leadtools.com with full problem details and steps on how to reproduce it and we will investigate it further.
If you send an email, please mention this post, include your serial number (do not post it here) and if you include any attachments put them in a ZIP or RAR file.

#5 Posted : Wednesday, March 17, 2010 10:10:57 PM(UTC)

yngvedh  
yngvedh

Great!

Thanks for the info.

- Yngve