Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Monday, March 15, 2010 8:24:46 AM(UTC)

BMayACT  
BMayACT

Groups: Registered

Hello,

I've sure this has been fixed in later versions, but the TextTop property on the Main LEAD image control for LeadTools 14.5 (working with VB6).

If the TextTop value is set to anything bigger than 32768 (the max value of a VB6 integer) the value wraps around and becomes negative, and will never be applied to the image.

My sample image is 36,000 pixels tall at 600 DPI.  If I were to add text at 35,500, and set the TextTop to 35,500, the new TextTop value is now -30,036.

35,500 - 32,768 = 2,732

-32,768 + 2,732 = -30,036

We cannot upgrade to later LeadTools versions as using the .Net compatibility for VB6, at last testing, were not as complete as the COM objects methods and properties. The version of ltocx14N.ocx is 14.5.0.44

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Monday, March 15, 2010 9:48:51 AM(UTC)

BMayACT  
BMayACT

I found a possible solution in case other users run into this.  The annotation objects do not have the 32678 threshold limitation and can be used as a work around.  A little bit more coding, but it works.

I would still be interesting in what LEAD has to say..

#3 Posted : Tuesday, March 16, 2010 6:24:46 AM(UTC)

Adam Boulad  

Groups: Guests

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

Another workaround could be to draw the text on a small image with a neutral background color (such as pure black or pure white) and then copy the non-background part using the Combine method. To exclude the background, define a region for the text alone using the SetRgnColor method with the background color and the L_RGN_SETNOT flag.

#4 Posted : Wednesday, March 17, 2010 9:14:42 AM(UTC)

BMayACT  
BMayACT

Yes, that is correct.  I ran into issues using the annotation object, font sizes were not matching, and the combine method worked like a charm.

Thank you.