Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Friday, February 26, 2010 2:16:09 AM(UTC)

rules  
rules

Groups: Registered

I 'm not using the automation feature in my application.How do I perform the undo/redo feature without using automation?

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Sunday, February 28, 2010 4:37:03 AM(UTC)

Adnan Ismail  

Groups: Guests

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

Do you mean that you want to implement Undo/Redo effect on annotations objects, or on a different part of LEADTOOLS features? Please explain in detail.
Also, please specify which LEADTOOLS version (15, 16, etc.) and programming interface (Main OCX, .NET classes, DLL API, C++ Classes, etc.) you are using.

#3 Posted : Monday, March 1, 2010 7:56:09 AM(UTC)

rules  
rules

yes I meant to implement undo/redo effect on annotations objects.
Currently I am using version 16 with .net(C#)

#4 Posted : Monday, March 1, 2010 7:57:19 AM(UTC)

rules  
rules

sorry it's version 15

#5 Posted : Tuesday, March 2, 2010 4:40:14 AM(UTC)

Adnan Ismail  

Groups: Guests

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

The easiest way of course is to use automation, which has a built-in undo feature. However, an easy way to do it without automation is to Save and load annotation files.  The basic idea is this:
1. Just before calling Undo, save an annotation file to a temporary disk location.  You should do this each time you wish to be able to track undo so that you can redo the action.  For example, if you only want to be able to redo up to the last 10 undo, you should create up to 10 annotation files.

2. If you decide you want to redo an action, all you have to do is delete all the annotations currently on your container and then load the annotation file corresponding to the latest undo action.

3. Whenever you redo, you will probably want to delete the annotation file you used to "redo" as well as delete them all once your application is done running.

These ANN files could be disk files, or they could be memory streams because our Ann Save/Load features work with both.