Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Saturday, January 16, 2010 4:37:58 PM(UTC)
dicombeginner

Groups: Registered

Is there any tools to retrieve measurements from DICOM files? For example, there is an ECHO exam, i.e series of static and moving images. How can measurements be retrieved from the files in order to further transfer the numbers in to database? I could not find any information on that. I would very much appreciate any help. Thank you very much.

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Sunday, January 17, 2010 4:56:34 AM(UTC)
Maen Hasan

Groups: Registered, Tech Support

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

Are you looking for a ready (end-user) application or a toolkit to write your own program?
Our LEADTOOLS Medical Imaging toolkit allows you to create a program that can handle DICOM images.
If you want to measure the length of part of the scan image using an interactive tool, you can use our annotations Ruler object.

If you don't have LEADTOOLS, you can download the free evaluation edition from our site.

Thanks,
Maen Badwan
LEADTOOLS Technical Support

#3 Posted : Sunday, January 17, 2010 3:46:50 PM(UTC)
dicombeginner

We're trying to integrate DICOM in to our software, so we need a
toolkit. Actually, the question is if it's possible to retrieve data from
DICOM files, i.e. measurements/numbers, which were taken by technologist
while doing the exams and saved on ultrasound machine. I'm not sure if measurements taken on ultrasound machine are saved inside DICOM images or in DSR or some other way. Is it possible, for example, using your toolkit to retrieve those numbers from DICOM and further transfer them into database or display on a form?

Please advise.

Thank you.

#4 Posted : Sunday, January 17, 2010 10:56:44 PM(UTC)
Maen Hasan

Groups: Registered, Tech Support

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

Some DICOM datasets contain Imager Pixel Spacing
(0018,1164) or Pixel Spacing (0028,0030) elements. You can use their values (after converting them to Dots Per Inch units) to set the image's resolution.
If the image has correct resolution, our annotations objects (such as the Ruler object) will use the DPI value to calculate distances.

You can retrieve any element from a DICOM data set using the DicomDataset.FindFirstElement and DicomDataset.FindNextElement functions.

If the imaging device does not store any measurements, you can do manual calibration by drawing a ruler on an object of known size, and then entering the size to calibrate the ruler.

Thanks,
Maen Badwan
LEADTOOLS Technical Support

#5 Posted : Monday, January 18, 2010 6:17:52 PM(UTC)
dicombeginner

Thank you very much for your answers. Another question, does LEAD SDK support moving images? We need capability to process echo studies, i.e. series of static and dynamic DICOM files, to retrieve data from DICOMDIR and DICOM files itself, convert it into JPEG and AVI accordingly. Does your SDK support all these functions and which of your products exactly do we need?

Thank you.

#6 Posted : Tuesday, January 19, 2010 5:43:26 AM(UTC)

Basel  

Groups: Guests

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

Can you please list the features you need in the toolkit in numbers to separate them?
Also, what do you mean by moving images?

The toolkit supports converting DICOM/DICOMDIR to JPEG images and AVI.
To convert a DICOM file to AVI or MPEG file, you will need the LEADTOOLS Medical toolkit with LEADTOOLS Medical Multimedia Module add-on.
Please see this page:
http://www.leadtools.com/SDK/Medical/medical-MMfilterPack.htm

#7 Posted : Tuesday, January 19, 2010 10:55:15 AM(UTC)
dicombeginner

Features we need:

1. Read DICOMDIR and DICOM images (both static and dynamic - echo studies).
2. Retrieve data from header, i.e. patient's name etc.
3. Retrieve measurements saved by technologies inside images and DICOM structured reports. For example, Mitral EPS, EFS, RVDd, LVDd, and so on.
4. Convert static images into .jpeg and dynamic into .avi with given frame rate.
5. Compress and transfer images onto our file-server.
6. Integrate dicom-viewer into our web-site (developed using php)

Please advise me on what packages we need and the price.

Thank you.

#8 Posted : Wednesday, January 20, 2010 3:54:39 AM(UTC)

Basel  

Groups: Guests

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

1. Reading DICOMDIR and DICOM files are supported in our Medical toolkit.
2. Retrieving data from the DICOM file such the patient's name, ID and all DICOM tags is supported in our medical toolkit.
3. If the measurement units are standard DICOM tags or standard image resolution (such as TIFF or JPEG dots per inch), LEADTOOLS can automatically do the calibration. Please see above posts.
4. Converting to JPEG and AVI is also supported. Please see above posts.
5. Yes, you can.
6. You can use our Medical Web Viewer in ASP.NET projects. We don't have any code samples on how to work with PHP, but if you use our library at the server, you can always produce web-friendly image formats for the output (for viewing purposes) and display them using any web technology.

The right toolkit for you depends on whether you want to use our Medical Web Viewer or you only want back-end processing and you'll do your own display.
I suggest you download the free evaluation edition of both our main SDK and also the Medical Web Viewer Framework SDK and try both to see which one you need.
For pricing, please see these pages or contact sales@leadtools.com:
http://www.leadtools.com/sdk/medical/web-viewer-framework.htm
http://leadtools.com/sdk/medical-imaging.htm