Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Monday, January 4, 2010 12:04:45 PM(UTC)
ijourneaux1

Groups: Registered

THis is probably a very simple question but I am just getting my feet wet. I am using an ltmmplayctrl to display a video. Right now I am using DrawLine to draw on individual bitmaps of the video. On any given frame I can draw but when I move to the next frame, the line disappears.

What I would like to do is have the line persist from one video frame to the next.

Thank you.

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Tuesday, January 5, 2010 5:44:42 AM(UTC)

Adnan Ismail  

Groups: Guests

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

Are you modifying the pixel data of the video frame, or are you drawing on the control itself (its window's surface)?
Please tell me how exactly you're doing the drawing.
Also tell me which LEADTOOLS version (15, 16, etc.) and programming interface (Main OCX, .NET classes, DLL API, C++ Classes, etc.) you are using.

#3 Posted : Tuesday, January 5, 2010 7:55:17 AM(UTC)
ijourneaux1

I am using V13. Here is the code snippet.

LEAD1.DrawPersistence = True
LEAD1.AutoRepaint = True
LEAD1.DrawPenStyle = DRAWPENSTYLE_SOLID
LEAD1.DrawPenWidth = 2
LEAD1.DrawPenColor = ColorRGB
LEAD1.DrawFillStyle = DRAWFILLSTYLE_TRANSPARENT
LEAD1.DrawMode = DRAWMODE_COPY_PEN

ReturnVal = LEAD1.DrawLine(StartX, StartY, EndX, EndY)
LEAD1.ScaleMode = 3
LEAD1.MousePointer = 0
LEAD1.AutoRepaint = False

#4 Posted : Wednesday, January 6, 2010 4:59:37 AM(UTC)

Adnan Ismail  

This code does not appear to be using the ltmmPlay control. The code looks like it's using the LEAD Main OCX.
Are you trying to draw on the ltmmPlay control? Please send me more details about what you want to do.

#5 Posted : Wednesday, January 6, 2010 5:21:09 AM(UTC)
ijourneaux1

That exposes my lack of experience with LeadTools. I am trying to use an existing app we have created for an other purpose. In the original app all we wanted to do is draw on the individual frame that was displayed. to highlight a specific problem. If you moved to the next frame, the drawing disappeared.

Now I would like to draw on the video at the first frame and have the line appear on every frame as the video is played back.

Appreciate any assistance you can offer.

#6 Posted : Thursday, January 7, 2010 5:11:44 AM(UTC)

Adnan Ismail  

To draw on video that's being played back in our ltmmPlay control, you can use the LEAD Video Overlay DirectShow filter.
One way is to put all the drawing in an image that has a suitable single-color background (such as pure white or pure black) and make the Overlay filter use that image and use the color as transparent.

You can try that in our Player demo by inserting the filter as a video processor and giving it a bitmap using the properties button.